Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Some ID advice?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SMU Punk
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

I am currently lookin for an AoLS, have drained every pool (ended up cursed, doomed, teleportitis, an additional corruption, and most usable resists removed... bah), and now am ready to start wandering through the ID in search of some way of acquiring a AoLS. I was just wondering about what levels do AoLS's show up?

My guy is a level 17 dwarven barbarian with treasure hunter, and even if he dies, ill have the amusing memory of one hit killing a moloch at level 16
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

SMU Punk wrote: "My guy is a level 17 dwarven barbarian with treasure hunter, and even if he dies, ill have the amusing memory of one hit killing a moloch at level 16 "

That truly is impressive
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

AoLs have danger level 2, so should be on 6/7 of the infinte dungeon.. i would stay with 6, not sure how the danger lvl formula works for fractiosn...

i found a RoDs on lvl 30ish once.. if you want to go deeper to lvl...
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

SMU punk: have you dug up graves and searched the water dragon's cave? Sometimes AoLS, RoDS or WoWi can be found there.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

If I get to Khelly and still haven't found an AOLS, and have nothing to do until I get past him, I usually scum gremlins on D:9. Dig a long corridor, make some water traps, wield a fluff ball and ctrl-t on one, then kill gremlins for 20 minutes and see what's come up & repeat as long as is necessary. It can take a long time for what you need to come up, but it's good because you'll always get a bunch of other useful stuff in the meantime - potions, scrolls, rings, maybe seven league boots, and it also trains weapon skills.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/27/2004 at 18:21 (GMT -5) by Alex]
Portrait
Kaezar
Registered user
the Warlock

Last page view:

6317 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

also use pickpocketing to increase your chances :)
Guth'Alak, the druid, puts down a book and a wand. You feel as if trangressing some law. (more)

The wolf in me, desire the sheep, in you.
SMU Punk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 at 22:55 (GMT -5)

Spent a few hours running up and down in the ID, dug up all the "great treasure" graves, killed 1500+ gremlins (they start getting kinda nasty at that time) in the CoC, poked around in the water dragon cave, no luck whatsoever. I finally gave up and proceeded down once i got my third corruption, got the orb of water, got to the banshee level, and found out that the ONLY beeswax i had found had apparently been destroyed in a trap somewhere....lordy. Was thinking of going to the ToEF, but i still havent found a stupid fireproof blanket! I have 7 waterproofs and no fireproofs (if only !o exchange only changed blankets into other types of blankets... it doesn't, I tried). It seems like the RNG is determined to kill my first really badass non save scummed character. I AM keeping a list of the things he has managed to kill in one hit for my own amusement
Ancient white dragon (fun in arena)
Moloch (DH2)
Emperor Lich (Great treasures my ***)
Snake from beyond (suprised me too...)
not bad for a level 20 character!

anyways, my next question... Do beehives show up in the ID (i dont think so) or should i start praying for potions of deafness, the wedding ring (i have neither) or is there some other way to do it?

Portrait
Kaezar
Registered user
the Warlock

Last page view:

6317 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 04:44 (GMT -5)

the beeswax always appears before the banshee level, so you only must find it.either in puppy, village or CoC...
Guth'Alak, the druid, puts down a book and a wand. You feel as if trangressing some law. (more)

The wolf in me, desire the sheep, in you.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6849 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 07:58 (GMT -5)

I really doubt that you one hit a moloch on dh2.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

non-greater Molochs are really quite weak. Those in DH2 usually aren't very strong, so it's quite possible - critical hit, with a good weapon, and he's dead. It's just an armour with a little demon inside... (aw, c'mon, everyone pictures molochs as big hulking armour, that's operated by a geek-ish looking demon with glasses on, that's so slow, because he chats on the i-net at the same time :P No? So I'm alone on this one? Damn...)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

If we're on the subject, I picture molochs as looking a bit like Juggernaut from X-men, only wider, and with nothing but armour and two little red dots of eyes visible.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

Hmm, all my melee chars have used spears, when I think of that one hitting might be possible with a stronger weapon :P
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

Bear in mind he was a barbarian, and so can use mighty blow (2x damage) at level 6 and tremendous blow (3x damage) at level 18.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

Yeah that too :P
MikeyU
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2004 at 00:01 (GMT -5)

I found a hive on D:50 with my last character
Moomster
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 at 03:54 (GMT -5)

Last time I was in D:50 there was *big* tension room full of GMollies and stuff and then another *big* tension room full of greater air elementals.
Had to dig up to the portalhandles :)
dwarf
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

hey dude have u ever used file scumming? so even if your guy dies u can get him back once u die.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4956 days, 6 hours, 59 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

Save scumming makes you a real scum, so don't do it.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

saving a file then re-using it is cheating, this a ROGUE game, you play to the end or die trying..
I have played this game for 4 years and won 2wice
<yes 2wice> copy andys GUIDE and use it often, but dont submit a scummed char thet would be VERY poor form.
btw if anyone is interested, i have the ORIGINAL rogue zipped and ill be happy to send it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: