Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Hey guys...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 at 16:15 (GMT -5)

...is it just me, or do you also find yourselves spending more time on these forums then actually playing the game?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7103 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 at 23:43 (GMT -5)

LoL ... in the past, yes ... but now i'm trying an ultra ...
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

I do.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 06:48 (GMT -5)

It varies. For a couple of months I got bored of playing adom and hung around here answering questions, then the constant talking about adom got me interested again. I'll probably get bored again if I ever get around to completing a UCG.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

I do that. Sometimes I think I check these forums maybe a bit too often really, as we don't get hundreds of posts a day. But these are nice forums. Right now I'm trying to keep my hands off ADOM for a while, as I'm really busy with school right now. Otherwise ADOM is very much an on/off thing for me, I play a couple of chars every now and then, get bored with them or they die and then stay off for a week or too.

Oh yeah, just read my title...

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/6/2004 at 14:25 (GMT -5) by J.]
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

heh, the only place i'm able to play at is in school, and i can't play for any longer periods of time, for reason obvious to anyone who has ever used a computer in a school enviroment.

and in an attempt to beat off the abstinence, i plauge you guys with my presence here. cheers! ^^
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6968 days, 15 hours, 3 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

Yeah I spend a lot more time here than I do playing adom, lately that has a lot to do with my little 'vacation' away from adom, it is just frustrating me too much...
Sargoth I reckon that being able to play in short bursts could be a blessing in disguise - I find I make far less mistakes when I play for maybe 20 minutes, do something else, and then maybe come back to the character. They seem to live a lot longer if I play like this, for me anyway.
Tell me how to get stronger....
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 at 20:52 (GMT -5)

Its the same for me, i only end up killing off a good character on long stretches of playtime... Like more than an hour at a time. Granted, I die a lot anyhow, but the really stupid mistakes come if I don't take a break
theCelt
Registered user
White Archdruid

Last page view:

7167 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

I definatly play far more adom than spend time on these boards. of course I only found out about them a couple of months ago and I've been playing adom for nearly 5 years. I do however spend more time reading the andy williams guide book than playing. as a result I know far more about parts of the game that I havent done lik ultra endings and stuff and classes I sont play that I should.

Dan
"I must have rolled 3d20 and gotten a 60 on my girlfreind check."-- I actualy said this and she thought it was cool.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: