Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ratswarmage

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 at 20:28 (GMT -5)

for the first time in... a long time, i fired up ADOM for a few games. my last one was a dwarven fighter, and he was doin pretty *damn* good. he was illiterate, and that was annoying, but that's alright; i had arrived at Dwarftown, and was going to get the Potion of Literacy (if i could). First though, to lose some of my junk on the alter...

Whoops. I turned chaotic?! How'd that happen? Ah well, that sucks. Stupid diety's angry at me, saying to get my crap off his altar.

Another item hits the ground.

Suddenly the whole of dwarftown was *swarming* with rats!!

I checked the guidebook -- no mention of this happening in there. I'm sure it wasn't a wererat either -- this was dwarftown, and all the rats all over the level appeared at once. (Well, maybe the whole level wasn't covered in them. But I had to fight my way out of the temple and accross the road to get to Waldenbrooks, and I kept encountering rats all over for quite some time.

(Side note, that guy died, when I tried to convert him back to neutral the god cursed all my stuff, and me too i think. Never did recover...)
ivan.sourceforge.net
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

rats were sent my neutral god to "punish" you puny mortal for dropping your junk on the altar :|
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 00:45 (GMT -5)

hmm, i must have been looking in the wrong part of the GB. or something. still havn't found reference to the rats in there. but i geuss it's regular punishment for dropping crap on neutral altars...
ivan.sourceforge.net
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

dunno if its in GB but its happened to me before, while trying to turn neutral to match the altar.rats are neutral so it made sense that they were summoned.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

I think it happens for altars of all alignments. Can someone confirm this?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 at 23:19 (GMT -5)

Hm i think they set stuffage your way from any altar but it makes sense that theyd send the alignment to what the altar is........i mean, a neutral god cant control non neutral sorta thing..but hey who knows..........
Nick32
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

In my experience this happens if you try sacking raw meet.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 02:17 (GMT -5)

i don't think what you sac has anything to do with it, most gods don't particularly care what you sac, it all falls under 3 catagories: they like it, they'll take it, or they don't want it. (gifts and live sacrifices aside, of course.)
ivan.sourceforge.net
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

If you really piss a deity off it will happen, it has to me many times. Its when you drop an item on an altar and you're not of that alightment, usually when you once was it occurs.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: