Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Questions about... Things.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Rass
Registered user
Ranger captain

Last page view:

7162 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 03:00 (GMT -5)

I have been playing ADOM for 2 months now, and I think I finally understand the basics of the game. Yesterday I saw khelavaster and *of course*
I 'C'hatted with him. Of course i know that he's gonna die, but I didn't have AolS, and I didn't want to go look for one. ( I have NEVER obtained a wish. )

So, since most of you guys have done ultra endings and you know pretty much about the game, would you answer to my simple questions?

1. If I am extremely neutral and give artifacts for demented ratling, will he reveal me the secret of stone circle eventually? ( I have already given him 2-3 artifacts. )

2. Being a champion of neutrality is of course very neat, but...
a) How do I become a "fallen champion?" I don't want to, but...
b) What happens when I become fallen champion?

3. Eating a spider corpse makes me poison resistant. If i eat -manymany- corpses, do I eventually become immune to poisons?
( I found a vault full of spiders )

4. Am I able wish for " Vanquisher "? If I am, what do I write? "Vanquisher"? "Silvery two-handed sword"?

5. What metals don't rust?

I am lvl 13 trollish ranger, currently at water temple, and going to kill Rehetep after cleaning this place.

It's always neat to see monsters killing eachother.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

1. Don't think so. Think you must be chaotic. But if he did, you'd need 6.

a) go outside your alignment. NC or NL is alright, but even TOUCH LN or CN and you become fallen. Just keep your alignment centred around neutrality.

b) Lose all champion specials, can't become a champion again. No other ill effects I remember.

3) No. Sorry :) I always used to believe that. Assassins get poison immune as a class power.

4) Can't wish for artifacts. It'd be pretty cool if you could, though. Wish for eternium two handed swords instead. They can be destroyed, but they're still VERY good.

5) Someone else answer this? I think, eternium, mithril, admantium. Rumor has it that having the Dwarven smith remove rust from a weapon often enough results in him offering to rustproof it.

Water temple at L13 can be difficult.. be careful.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

There was a discussion about the rustproofing on these forums a while ago and I'd say that the Glod won't rustproof an item no matter how many times he removed the rust from it.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Rass
Registered user
Ranger captain

Last page view:

7162 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

Hey, thanks for help, Larrack!

Don't worry about me... :) My char has got a fine equipment. With my artifact bow "suns messenger" and bow skill 8 it will be quite easy.

And those artifacts I gave for Demented ratling were corruptive, so not pretty useful.

And hey, it's not lvl 13, it's lvl 13 TROLL. With lots of "suberb" skills like athletics, healing, dodge, stealth... He also has cloak of invisibility and LOTS of wands that are useful in combat.

No prob!
It's always neat to see monsters killing eachother.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

I know. Going into the water temple with a L13 anything but a troll or a wizard is suicide. Going in With a troll or a wizard is just very difficult :)

A trollish ranger with suns messenger and L8 bows isn't all powerful. I've had ARCHER characters with bow skills of 12 or 13 get killed in the water temple / toef. I even has a L24 WIZARD killed in the water temple once. The snake from beyond (I recall thats the boss of WT) is one of the nastiest bosses in Adom, and the pets in there are almost worse.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

You can become poison immune by wielding certain artifacts i think (?) maybe serpent's bite? its been a while since i played ADOM.

You cant wish for artifacts :( and i think the ratling wont reveal the stone circle..something about "mature, then we'll talk"...meaning go and become chaotic (well maybe its the old crone that says this, but you need to be chaotic to do those things...he'll still take your stuff tho, thats why he's chaotic, hehe..he doesnt care.....better use for useless artifacts is saccing , you never know when you need that extra prayer :)
Deaneus
Registered user
Accountant of War

Last page view:

6895 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

spoiler --- if you have a Wand of Webbing, put on the cloak of invisibility, get the snake out, run back into whatever tunnel you made to get the to temple, zap the wand back up the tunnel and the snake will get stuck in every web you have. then, practise your archery skills on his leathery hide. none of the other characters will see you.
What do you wish for? _Drew Barrymore figurine
Atilla123
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

If you have a strong enough charectar and plenty of paitence, the water temple isn't very difficult. After all, monsters aren't respawned after you kill them so you can just lure them out one by one and CRUSH THEM, MUWHAHAHAHA!!!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: