Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / To all the experts

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*chaos muffin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

After playing adom for years and years and years, do you ever wish that you could start again and not know everything? finding a moloch for the first time and thinking you can smack it with your sword, or having to figure out how to save yriggs and how to get rid of corruptions - i remember the first time i played and having my dark elf assassin turn to primal mush in the wilderness because i didnt know the dwarven elder gave quests so i was locked out the the lower levels...
so yeah, its time for a poll

Do you wish you could forget all and start afresh?
Yes  No
Check results

Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

361 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

Yes I think so..
First time I finished the game (savescumming) I had not read any spoilers and walkthroughs and at that stage I thought the "if you die you die" thing was a bug. I got the game from a friend with .bat files provided to restore the svg file automatically and that's how it should be played as he said.
After finishing I found myself looking at the internet after info and to my surprice there was so much more..
I found out not to savescum and started over to finally finish it for real.. Only this time with a lot of help from "Drakolor board of tourism" as was the common spoilersite at that time..
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7099 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

Oh no *screams* i do need Spoilers ... MANY Spoilers to win any single game!!!!!!!
I hope there are more spoilers too, for example, how to beat the Multi-head dragon, how to win the game in 50-days, how to obtain more artifacts, how to smith and what to smith, etc etc ^o^
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

Tough one, probably so, the game would be even more exciting than it all ready is...But ADOM takes quite a while to finish when you're busy and supposed to be doing other things. :)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 at 17:25 (GMT -5)

I don't know... sure, it's fun discovering new things but it's also much easier to play this game when you know what you're doing.
Maasto^nonreg
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

Illumi, FYI i have finished the game in 43 days or so ^^

Got slb's pretty early and stuff... it was quite 'fast' game in other aspects too: i didn't do the library or any other irrelevant stuff...
:E
Mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

Hmmm...
Im Honest.
First: I'm not really good at ADOM.

And second there are things in it, i couldn't have figured out myself.

One Example: I always suspected ring of the fish to be good for the water cave, but the fact you need at least two of them was never explored after i found out they were autocursing.

2nd: I always Killed Ygris, what else should i have done with him? (now i know)

3rd: Only been to the animated forest twice. first try was to blast through with improv. fireballs. Funny that didn't work out.

4th: Next time i find an AOLS it won't get saved for Khelly in my backback...

btw: Archers Rock!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: