Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Having Trouble with the ACW...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Ok... I'm officially having trouble slaying it. My 26/Male Human Fighter can barely scratch it with his Eternium Long Sword (-2, 2d8+7), and bolt wands don't harm it enough.

My PC has 67/22 DV/PV, St: 35, Le: 26, Wi: 33, Dx: 12, Ch: 16, Ap: 14, Ma: 14, Pe: 32 when wearing eq that can withstand the heat of the ToEF.

He has +62 to-hit and +2d8+33 damage with melee.

Any suggestions/advice?
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 at 22:08 (GMT -5)

I have killed ACW only once, having exactly the PC as you - human fighter and level 26. And I did not have any (big) troubles. I had 2 eternium swords (both found in RoHK dumgeom) and it took about 5 turns to beat the ACW.
ÄCW corrupted me, of course.
Sorry of my English.
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7099 days, 6 hours, 19 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 at 23:18 (GMT -5)

wand of poison, a few zaps he's dead ;)

(perhaps throwing ! of poison would work too ... i dunno)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/6/2004 at 23:18 (GMT -5) by illumi]
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 at 20:52 (GMT -5)

I pretty much always use dragon/demon slaying ammo. Even without a ring of ice, your bows and arrows can probably survive the flame for a few turns.

12 dex, eh? Moss is a wonderful thing.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

I managed to kill the ACW last night by throwing three potions of poison and using tactics set to berserk...

I know what moss of mareilon does, it's just that the only herb floor I knew of prior to the lower CoC had disintegrated to 4 tiles in the high respawn floor by the time I learned Herbalism. The four herb bushes only produced stomafilia, stomaceptia, spenseweed and pepper petals anyway. I had brought my Dx to 19 today using moss, but the scales corruption brought it back down.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: