Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Crowning Priests

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6609 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

I have a lawful priest I want to crown him (pre-crowning is a piece of cake). Anyway scroll of balance shows most characters reach 5000 early in the game. But with priests, I see them at about 300 points. Even when I finish a good deal of the lawful quests, they are only at around 2800.

Am I missing something????? Are there special requirements on priests that I need to know?
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 23:20 (GMT -5)

I suggest leave a blessed amulet of order on, and just check your alignment every once in a while. You'll get to L+ eventually.

I don't think there's anything different about priests. If there's a difference, I would expect L+ to be easier to get.
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6609 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

I don't know if it's due to being a gnome, or a priest, but scroll of balance shows 280 or so after saving the dog & killing the raider. If I had a dwarf paladin at the same level & having completed the same quests, his score would be at least 10 times that. I will have to retest this, but in my opinion, the priest is under a severe handicap (or the gnome, if that is the issue).
Knud
Registered user
non-ghost librarian

Last page view:

5685 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

Are you sure you're not born in the tree starsign? It will make alignment shifting a whole lot harder.
You know you've played too much ADOM when you try to throw coins at people wearing similar clothes as yourself.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: