Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / incredibal sword

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5669 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 00:02 (GMT -5)

was just wandering around with a lvl 10 orcish beastfighter i found on my HD... found a broadsword, decided to sell it to the guy in the hole in the wall, and he bought it for something like 1.5k gold !!!! thats a lot for him! i thought "damnit! i should have ID'd that first!" but it was too late and i had already hit enter (oops). so i went to buy it back... he wanted more than 13K of gold, just for a stinking broadsword! now IMO, when he's buying a sword for 1.5k gold and wants 13k for it back, that's gotta be a heckuva sword. but it wasn't an artifact... maybe it was a blessed holy admantium sword of devistation (6d7+10) {ST +10} or something. now *that* would be enough for me to make my *beastfighter* learn how to use a sword. but i will never know what it was... BTW that guy died a little bit later in the CoC, got to lvl 12, only scored a semi-paltry 19k pts. tho.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7936 days, 8 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 19:27 (GMT -5)

I have a Blessed red helberd of devistation that my Hurthling Thief uses and I have to say it's pretty incredibal.
So my advice to Duke is never under-estimate the potential of any weapon, though you probably know that now already.

Sengoku
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

i try not to, but when i have a good weapon i'll tend to ignore most of the other weps i pick up, just in case they're cursed or something and i try to use em and end up stuck w/ them for a long time... seems overly hard at times to get rid of cursed stuff...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

Shops will identify stuff you sell them after a while. If you are rely curious about something return later and see what it is (unless you get yourself killed naturaly).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

which i always seem to do. =P oh well...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7559 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

If your WEAPON is cursed it's not a big problem. Just find a swodsman or ratling duelist for example and let him\her disarm you. TA-DAA you got rid of the cursed weapon...
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Duke Ravege
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

guys that disarm you aren't always quite so easy to find. i've gone looking for them beofre and not found any for quite a while. then when i find them i seem to have a tendancy to kill them before i realize what i was trying to do... if i don't forget i'll let him try a few times, but end up low on life and kill him so he doesn't kill me...
but what i hate are cursed girdles... basicly gives me a cursed girdle and a cursed armor (not technically, but you can't take your armor off if your wearing a cursed girdle...). one barbarian of mine had his girdle cursed, and then his armor grabbed by an eye of destruction. i started dipping that girdle in every water potion i found trying to uncurse it... finally i decided to drink one just to get them ID'd, and what do i get? "This potion tastes like fresh and clean water." ghaaa....
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if you'd want to employ this method but never equip anything until I know it's status (blessed, uncursed or cursed).
Did you know Duke you can drop items on alters of your diety to reveal it's status, but you have to have them at least "pleased" to do so.
Also you should never dip anything into water unless you know it's blessed otherwise it may just rust/drench whatever it is your dipping into it.

Sengoku
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 23:04 (GMT -5)

i know this. but leather doesn't rust does it? didn't think so. i mostly only do this to the cursed gloves/cloths/leather girdles/hats/gauntlets of peace (god i hate those) that i get so often.
i'm not a noob. just a noob to the forum.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

I didn't mean to patrinise you with the obvious I was just making sure.
Gaunlets of peace and various other items like ring of the fish are some things that you can never be sure of. What I usually do if I have a lot of cursed things in my inventory or in my hand is read a Blessed Scroll of Uncursing as it uncurses everything you have and also yourself!

Sengoku
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

blessed scrolls of uncursing aren't very common. even *regular* scrolls of uncurseing seem to come only once in a while for me. and i'd rather use the potion of holy water to make that adamantium warhammer blessed so it doesn't break like my last one did... =)
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7904 days, 21 hours, 49 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

I'd rather spend my last holy water on a scroll of uncursing if I had lots of cursed stuff that would profit more for me than one single blessed item. :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7580 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Hey, if you try to see what a waepon is, and it turns out to be a common waepon thats CURSED, just get a potion of raw chaos and dip it in. It'll remove the weapon, and you might get a nicer item.

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: