Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Adombot recording of herbs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

hamster
Registered user

Last page view:

6579 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

I have read about collecting herbs on the big level and the way it could be pacified and made into a big garden. Has anyone made a recording using AdomBot? I have had no luck so far.

I'd love to see someone exploits in this room. Is anyone near this room in their current quest?
Knud
Registered user
non-ghost librarian

Last page view:

5686 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

It's quite easy. Bring either some wands of digging and a wand of door creation, or several wands of door creation. Create a 40 squares enclosed space (see the guidebook for more info), put a breeding monster in there, and seal it off (by locking the door/doors). Kill the rest of the monsters on the level, so that the breeder can duplicate and fill the entire 40 squares. This will stop any further monster generation on the level.

The only problem is to keep the herbs alive when killing off the rest of the monsters. Spider summoners are common in the big room, and a summoned horde of spiders quickly replace all herb squares with webs. Once the herbs are gone, there is no way to make them grow again.

Unfortunately, I don't have adombot.
You know you've played too much ADOM when you try to throw coins at people wearing similar clothes as yourself.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/26/2004 at 04:24 (GMT -5) by Knud]
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Being Holy water. If it seems all the herbs are getting taken out, (U)se the water to create more bushes. They say it's fifty fifty chance to create a new bush, maybe you are luckier than me and get away with it with relatively few potions.

Also a wand of monster detection helps to determine when the breeder has done its job. After you trap the bugger in the 40 slot space, I'd recommend you start the slaughter of the level either by defending a nice group of bushes, or if you can't lock the door(s), defend the door(s) so no creature can open it.

I've done this a few times, then hoarded some water and filled the level with my gardens to create fast and large supply of herbs. I couldn't finish picking 1 generation of 1 type of herb before the next grew... easy pre/post crownings with a few dozens of stomafillia bushes.
Flamedrake
Registered user
The Crazy Axe wielding Pyro

Last page view:

6178 days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

Im a Druid most the time & I always seem to find lots of hreb seeds normally in the big room when im trying to turn it into a gardin i find some herb bushes & take all the herbs i can till theres a 2 by 2 square left, that way there will always be some bushes somewhere to keep the level generating. I wish i had a screen shot so I could show you, but they dont come out right on here any way.
After iv traped the 40 monsters & killed off the rest of them I start planting those seeds in 2 by 2 squares spacing them out far enough so they dont grow together & die off. Looks something like this:
....""..""..""..
....""..""..""..
....""..""..""..
....""..""..""..
thats not gunna look to good.
The Gardening skill can be very useful, if you have the seeds you need & some holy water to help them grow.
Stuff happens & you cant stop it, unless you can.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/28/2004 at 09:28 (GMT -5) by Flamedrake]
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6195 days, 28 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

Make a pattern like this:

..."...
.."""..
...."..

...And if allowed to grow, your herbs should FILL the room. :)
--<>||<>--
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

Thoth: Yes, if you're willing to spend a month or two of game time in that room.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: