Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Book Starsign

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Does the increase in the PC's chance in learning spells granted in this month affect learning spells from spellbooks, or automatically receiving knowledge in a spell or spells on certain levels?

Also, how do spellcasters learn spells? Obviously, anyone with the Concentrate skill can learn a spell, but I've played Elementalists who received knowledge in spells at certain levels. The Priest I played a few weeks ago only learned spells from books. I read about Elementalists in the ADoM manual under the "Races and Classes" section, and it did not mention anything about learning spells without wishing or spellbooks. The closest it came was "Elementalists normally don't use written magic, but employ powers they harness from within." This could explain about Elementalists learning spells, but one could argue it was added for a flavor element (no pun intended).
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 02:49 (GMT -5)

"Elementalists normally don't use written magic, but employ powers they harness from within."

That is it. Elementalists gain casting points to certain spells, don't remember them all, every time they advance in levels. At higher levels they gain more powerful spells such as earthquake and lightning ball. It has been some time when I last played elementalist so I don't remember exactly. But they are also good at learning spells from books.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

Elementalists depend primarily on the spell learning they get when they level, so a race that gets experience quickly is a must for playing them.

Wizards also get some spell learning when they level starting at level 25 or so, but it's useless. Usually it's just 100 points of slow monster or something like that.

As for the book starsign, I believe that it makes characters read spellbooks as successfully as wizards do. Book definitely lowers the chance of getting dropped in a hole/toughness drained/teleported/confused/blinded/power drained/health drained/exploded, anyway. I only play characters that can learn spells, so it's one of my favorite months to get.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: