Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Lost thread?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

7710 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

I can't seem to find anywhere here the thread where you people were discussing the WTC-incident and some guys (fgn and Palagran, if I remember right) quoted Nostradamus. So, I'd have some use for the interesting lines now, if you may tell me where to find them? Or post the things here.

btw, I don't seem to find any of the WTC-threads here. I sure hope no one deleted those - free flow of information is one of the lifelines of a democratic state.. hmh? Or has this something to do with the hacker-incident? I haven't been paying attention to the forum lately...

You make my life and times
A book of bluesy saturdays
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 hours, 51 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

We lost about a mounth worth of forum posts after the hacking incident...

Nostradamus didn't say a word about WTC by the way. The "profecy" about the "steel birds sacrifiing themselves and the twins falling" and all that was just something a Canadian dreamed up back in the 70. as an example of how to word a "prediction" in such a way that it could mean just about anyting.

I can't think of a single event that was profecised in advance in sich a manner that it was clear what the meaning was.

For example some king asked Nostradamus the outcome of his war and all he got was "a great kingdom will flall", this turned out to be true, but not the way the king had hoped (he was the one who lost). So the prediction was true after a fashon, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, and it didn't do much good either.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

Well, I didn't actually say he predicted them. And those "prophecies" of any kind are gay anyway. But like I said, they are still interesting to read, it doesn't require believing them.

BTW, the king was Croisos of Lydia, and he asked Pythia, the oracle of Delphi whether or not he should attack Persia. "If Croisos crosses the river of Halys, he will destroy a great kingdom" - he destroyed his own.

Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

7735 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Bible has best ones.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

Best ones in what way? Most "jucy" of most acurate?

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7556 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

Maybe kayaman ment that Osama bin Laden is the new christ... (weird idea) anyway, the bible says that when christ comes on earth second time it's the end of the world... I'm not sure but I think this is what you ment Kayaman. Am i right?
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 11:59 (GMT -5)

I don't think that's what he meant. There are several profecies in the bible, it's just that from what I have seen they are just as vague and useless as any other profecy.

If you take out the parts that are already supposed to have happened the remaining ones won't give you a clue as to where or when the events it describe are going to happen...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2001 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

Yeah, you're right. But what I see interesting in the prophecies is their 'artistic' value, if you may call it so. How the people of that time viewed the future, what was expected by the prophets, or just pure, meaningless visions that could be vaguely inserted into modern world.

Anyway, does someone actually have those Nostradamus's lines up somewhere?

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2001 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

I don't recall any particular links, but they shouldn't be to hard to find.

There got to be hundreds of sites with that and other profecies up after the recent events, and newsgroups have been buzzing with activity too. A few searches at Google schould turn up something usefull I would imagine.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 04:00 (GMT -5)

Hey Stas, am I right that CZEHRNOBYL(probabbly missspelled) is WORMWOOD in english and KOIRUOHO or MALI in finnish???

Couse it said something like this in The Book:
"A great comet shall came upon earth and it's waters and fountains/And the name of the comet is wormwood/And many mans died of thous waters."

But it is not seeing in the future, couse that has allready happened, "End shall be the beginning and beginning shall be the end".

And it is also said in the Book when Jesus comes to his second visit on earth. But dat happened bout 100years ago. Judgement Day is coming!
Yippii!

And nostardamus was some weird guy and some of his writing might work but it's just luck.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7901 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

The last two lines in Kayaman's last post reminds me of the struggle to decrypt the various prophecys that Belagarion and the others had throughout the series "The Belgariad" and "The Malloreon". :)

Locke Cole
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Wha?
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7556 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

Eddings RULE!!! What part of the books you mean Locke? I've read 'em all through and liked them A LOT, but it's been a while and I can't figure out what prophecy you ment. Who else has read those books?

Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7901 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

Well actually, I was talking about all the prophecys appearing in those books. The struggle being, of course, to distinguish the actual prophecys from the gibberish. :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6122 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

I have read eddings but it was a long time ago. can't even remember what books they were. two trilogies anyway.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Hello STAS, so wha Czehrnobyl(ye,ye,missspelled)
means in finnish and in english?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: