Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Greater daemon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

'The greater demon attacks the demented ratling. The demented ratling is killed!'

aaargh!! Has this ever happened to you when attempting ultra? My excellent wannabe avatar of order became so annoyed because of this that he berserked the demon and then quitted the came.

Now I have declared war against all demons and every time I see one I shall torture it to death with whips and scalpels, whether it is imp or greater moloch :)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

that's why it's a good idea to either give the ratling some artifacts first, or lure him to the level below, or have wands of monster detection + teleport before you take that quest.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1887 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 16:52 (GMT -5)

I really don't mean to be a thread necro but, I would like to know the following:

1. How many of you have problems with the GD attacking inhabitants?

I never have a problem, I always run over to him and in a few hits he is gone... to this day he doesn't take more than 2 steps toward me before I kill him.

2. Gernerally speaking, at what level would you consider a character to be decent?(all of you avatars and chaos gods aside)

I never seem to get characters up to levels higher than the lower to mid 20's. The reason for this is simple: I grossly underestimate the strength of my opponents AND overestimate my abilities FURTHERMORE I rush and don't pay attenteion. These are some of the things I am working on....

Anyways, am I really that bad of a player, or am I somewhat normal?
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

1. I never really have that problem, I kill the demon fast enough. But, my current game, an orcish priest, had the opposite problem. The greater demon refused to attack the dwarven smith, and vice versa. (I plan to smith later on, no other forge had generated.) I had heard that shooting the dwarf with a bolt through the demon stopped the town from turning hostile, but on the killing shot the shopkeeper turned hostile anyway. Fortunately, I had underestimated my strength, and easily dispatched Waldenbrook and his cronies. Stupid racist dwarf never gave me good prices anyway.

2. Level one, if he gets decent stats in a decent month.

You're doing fine. Just keep playing.
XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

7051 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

The Greater Demon? Oh yeah, that lovely little fellow that I always lure to that altar in Dwarftown and sacrifice. >:)

I don't really care who he kills. I haven't beaten the game on its normal ending, so I'm not interested in the ultra endings just yet.

Although, I wouldn't mind that Trident of the Red Rooster. ^_^
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

Some Guy:

Spoiler
Hit Glod once with a wand(not literally) or spell and then lead him to the level below Dwarftown and kill him there

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

1. It's easy enough to kill the Greater Demon as long as you can GET to him in time. He can appear anywhere on the level (as can the ratling) and can teleport - no matter how strong or fast you are he still might kill the ratling before you get there.

2. Generally I get a good feeling about how the character's doing by level 6. If he's got a decent first kill, found the blanket and down staircase, generated a live puppy and killed Kranach, he's doing pretty well.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 22:39 (GMT -5)

Thanks, Alex, I have to admit I didn't think of that. My games tend to be riddled with non-fatal mistakes like that.

I'm still playing this priest (and will be for quite a while, since I only play at school and Christmas break is starting), and some other dumb things I've done with him are:
1. Had to feed the ratling 7 artifacts, because I accidentally gave him one while neutral.
2. Red worms were generated on the cavernous level of the puppy cave, and I was already frustrated from losing my waterproof blanket to a fire lizard so I was stubbornly killing them slower than they bred. Finally I prayed for sterilization but not before my tactics had got my blessed everburning torch destroyed by their fire.
3. Got to hear the dwarven mystic say "Ye art doomed!" because I didn't know my killing Waldenbrook would upset the shut-in.
4. Seriously, how could red worms destroy a torch that's constantly burning anyway? It makes no sense.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

...got my blessed everburning torch destroyed by their fire...
that sure is a bit ironic ;)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: