Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / SICKNESS BUG

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

found this a while ago, have been exploiting it for a long time... anyways if you get sick (from eating a kobold, etc.) you can *stop* the damage (not cure the sickness) by repetedly useing the First Aid skill about 7-8 times. whether you successfully heal or not doesn't matter, but after a few uses the damage will stop. you'll still be sick, and still have all the stat decreases, *but* you WON'T be taking any damage.

this can be *very* useful, because with all the stat decreases it would be quite easy to train up skills. plus it can be used to survive the sickness, as the counter for how long it lasts will still be going down. you'll still get the ending load of damage, but none of the damage in between. of course it could also keep you alive long enough to find a way to cure it (i.e. find Jharod). all in all, it's a lifesaver.

also i bet it'd be relatively easy to expoit starvation: get to the starving status, then go in a "rich flavor" room, and hang out. you won't starve to death, but you'll have all these stat decreases to make it easier to up them.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

Actualy first aid has nothing do do with it. Eathing Kobolds and such simply won't kill you outright anymore. You'll take dammage untill your HP is about 45% of normal and then it will stop (unless you heal back up beyond that point again).

Those stat decreases are only temporary penalties, so your base stats remain the same, and thus there is no benefit for stat training while sick or starving.

Regular sicknes not beeng deadly has other advantages though, even if you don't have any cure sicknes herbs or potions it can be worth the while for wizards to eat kobold shamans for the mana increase. A wizard runnign around with only 45% health is not to healthy though, but at least it lets you save the cures. In the old days you had to use one cure per corpse or you would die, now you can chew your way though and entire wault and then remove the sicknes at your leasure afterwards (unless something nasty ambush you while you are sick).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 at 00:29 (GMT -5)

ah phoo. i thought i really had found something there... i'd read somewhere about that, but thought i'd been doing it in g16p2... geuss i must've been wrong...

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: