Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Funny quote

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6521 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

IIRC there has already been such a thread, but since I can't find it yet do have a cool quote, I decided to make a new thread.

I was fighting my way to hordes of zombies in a vault, when I tried to pickpocket one of the zombies. I, however, instead of typing a and then l to acces the skill, accidentally hit a twice, triggering the alertness skill.
"You are always alert. The zombie hits you."

I thought that was kinda funny, because it was about the first or second time a zombie hit me, after fighting tons of zombies. And just when my char was more or less exclaiming that he was always alert, he got hit :P Funny.
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4957 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

"You constantly practice. You feel exhausted!"

Kinda makes sense, eh?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

I like the "Crash! You give the obstacle a grim stare!" quote when you decide not to open a door.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

"You age. Suddenly you feel very old. Suddenly you see the Grim reaper in front of you. 'Thou hath tharred too long. Now thy time hath come. Hereby I demand thy life' Her scythe moves like lightning and buries into you as if you were warm butter. You die."

This is probably my favourite dying message ;)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/25/2004 at 00:44 (GMT -5) by Ashandarei]
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4957 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

"You teleport. The lich scream kryptical words! The world suddenly looks very diffrent!"
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

the ghost lord hits you you age, drink a potion of youth, the ghostlord hits you you age, and all the reaper stuff....sucked
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Beggar: "Remember to write something on this cookie."
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I've also had a room tell me something like "This cookie could be the last you ever read" when I entered it.
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

6999 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 13:11 (GMT -5)

'the female kobold picks up the huge iron hammer'

LOL
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

6999 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

>>>Beggar: "Remember to write something on this cookie."

heard the same from the dwarven innkeeper:)
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

You play some tunes on your uncursed flute. The cave tiger seems to be confused. The
cave lion seems to be confused. The cave tiger seems to be confused.

Your muscles feel stronger. Your looks improve.

Your equipment suddenly seems to weigh less. Your equipment suddenly seems to weigh less. Your movements are getting swifter.

You hit the female goblin rockthrower and transform her into a mangled heap! [+26xp] You pick up the bundle of 11 quarrels. You pick up the sling.

The floor of this room is covered with puddles of ancient dried blood. You talk to Jharod, the healer.

Touching the floating eye paralyzes you! Congratulations! You advance to level 3.

The female goblin rockthrower throws a rock at the orc. The orc is nearly hit by a rock. The rat is killed!

[fake] Suddenly you grow 10 more eyes in a circle around your head! Your eyes refuse to further concentrate on this spellbook.

You pick up the dagger. You feel the loss of a friend.

The dagger of returning (+2, 1d4) returns! You manage to catch it. Congratulations! [...]

You hit the troll and moderately wound him. The troll is shocked by crackling bolts emerging from your weapon. The attack doesn't penetrate the defenses of the troll! The troll seems to be confused.

You start to put on the uncursed clothes of protection [+0, +4]. You hear a ripping
sound. You are done putting on the uncursed clothes of protection.

The owlbear is consumed by a column of roaring flames! [+4xp] Vagrak seems to be extremely close to you. It seems that you are getting a cold.

The beggar gratefully accepts the piece of gold. The beggar hails at you! You hear someone counting money.

Vagrak seems to be very close to you. You feel relieved. Your equipment suddenly seems to weigh less.

The lich mumbles cryptic words! You are hit by a barrage of glowing wands! Your health increases.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: