Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / another thing new to me.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

Just found a tension room in VD4. completely Wild Cats! Ok, a few giant centipede mixed in. funny huh?
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4957 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

Hah! It's worse to find a tension rooms full of cave tigers the level above the cat lord. Especially if you so far has succeeded avoiding to kill any of those cute little buggers...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 20 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

just run for the stairs and get the ring, then just drop it or put it in your backpack (not sure if the latter one works) and then kill the cats, by now you should be able to survive a few attacks
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

If you put the ring in your pack you can safely kill cats without it exploding, but then when you finish you get "He adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord but then fell from grace" or something along those lines, and I'd still rather not see that message.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6834 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

Just use a wand of door creation and lock them in.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

RNG Did a funny thing to my Dwarfen weaponsmith this morning...
On Level 1 VD I found a neutral altar.
On Level 2 VD I found a neutral altar.
On Level 4 VD I found a neutral altar.
On Level 6 VD I found a neutral altar.

Wanting to stay lawful and lacking the funds to change an altar i was pretty pissed of already at this stage. A live sac showed that i was already to high in level to convert one this way.
So i went to the puppy cave.

On Level 1 I found a neutral altar.
On level 3 I found a neutral altar.
On level 5 i got a surge of power and was nearly killed by a ochre jelly named krod. (no missile weapons yet, so a completely ruined warhammer was the result) Took a deep breath and an emerald dagger. Cursed a bit because i wouldn't be precrowned before level 11...
and of course first i had to find a NONNEUTRAL Altar, Or enough money to convert one.
So i decided to go to the arena and get the necessary funds there. Not venturing to deep of course (Level 14 precrowning??? no! :)
Got the money, and wanted to go back.

Guess what I find on the return trip?

A NEUTRAL Altar on COC2!
Ha, could spare me the back trip!
So precrowning came rather quick, an lo, wyrmlance! (Never had that one before. quite cool.)
So down the COC we go...
Easy quest from thrundar???
Hey RNG must have felt bad about the altar, wrong color thing in the earlier game...
Got killed on COC 10 by the last scared survivor of an undead vault...a ghoul decided to fight to death in a blind rage. unfortunately it was mine, not his...

(SPACE, no, SPACE, no, SPACE, noo, SPACE, noo, SPACE, noo, SPACE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

:(
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 4 hours, 1 minute and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 01:34 (GMT -5)

Why use gold to convert altars? I always use live sacrifice to do that.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6834 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 21:52 (GMT -5)

Today I found that humanoids can drink potions of invisibility. An Ogre Lord and Annis Hag both did so in the ID.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 4 hours, 1 minute and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

Yesterday I finally found that pick pockets is really worth something. I pickpocketed PRESERVER!! :) with my gnomish thief. Of course the thieves' L32 class power greatly affected that so I don't know whether it is worth to pickpocket with anybode else. Is it?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

I always pickpocket around 2000 gremlins if my character is getting someplace. The potions of water, occasional stat potions and a SoCR/wish every once in a while makes it worthwhile for anybody.
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

6806 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

I have pickpocketed many useful items with my lvl 9 human thief in a Gremlin cave, including fireproof and waterproof blankets, phase dagger, about 4000 gold coins, potions of gain attributes...

Pick pockets is underestimated skill, indeed. :D
The smurf punches through your armor and hits you. You die...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: