Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Arcanum

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6125 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

Have you played it?
I juzt loved it... for some reason that I don't know?
quess there is something new to it.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

Played though the demo, that's about it.

The graphics is a little lame (Ultima 8 has better if you ask me, and that's OLD), not that is a desciding factor though.

I didn't get much of a feel from it in the demo though, I picked a spellcaster, but most of the spells where unavailable so I was stuck with some lame summon spell (that seemed bugged) and a cure spell. Got slaughtered by the first assasin I ran into too :-/

I hear a lot of people are talking highly of it though so I might give it another chance later on... Right now I'm "busy" grinding up super mutants with my Gatteling Laster in Fallout :->

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6125 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

can't tell much how the spellcasting is arranged in it 'cause my char is kill-em-all with a sword.
Yeah the graphic stinks *shiver* cities look really dull.
Hmm. i have been thinking trying to play it, but i installed it on our living room machine and it output is tv so i couldn't make any sense of the game.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7306 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2003 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

Your'e complaining about graphics on an ADOM forum?

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Well once a game have graphics it can be complained about... Poor graphics can often be worse than no graphics because if there is no graphics (og the graphis just "hit" at the presence of scertain things (like in the early Final Fantasy games) you can make up your own mental image of how things look, but if there are "real" graphics you are stuck with it "as is" :P

That said I have actualy bought Arcanum now and the demo didn't do it any justice. It's huge, it's got lots of depth and stuff... But the graphics just feel "wrong" somehow (mostly the characters and theyr animations (especialy sneak)). It's not bad enough to put a damper on the game or anyting, but if you compare it to simmilar games it's not very impressive...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: