Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Bards & Pets

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 at 06:30 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty new to the game, and like to play as a Bard, but I seem to not be able to keep a pet alive for any amount of time.

Now, am I right in thinking that anything made in the small dungeon is double your level? Would that be the perfect place to tame a decent pet?
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

i've tried that, not that good of an idea... training pets from the SMC that is. bards are fun tho, esp. High Elven ones (8 skill advances per lvl up until lvl 6, then it becomes 9...) thing is the VD is difficult for bards b/c unless they get their pet killed or lose him somewhere in teh caves, they'll attack our friend mr. Carpenter and you won't be able to save him. of course there's always a good chance of them starting w/ healing and not having to go through that...
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 at 08:31 (GMT -5)

Well, I think I have found the perfect pet.

Its a boar, and now does 40-220 damage around and has a speed of 200.

I set of a trap near him and he killed me in 1 round (Okay, I will admit I am backing up my save game)

Just killed that big mummy(rehaptap?) in 2 combat rounds.
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

whow! that's nice. just don't get too dependant on him, remember that he can't pass D:49.
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7557 days, 1 hour and 1 minute ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Can you get pets from the chaos plane? (never been there : (
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

i hope so... i like bards too... yea i think you can (scroll of summon familiar)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

9 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2001 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

Figurines and Scrolls of Familliar summoning should work even on the chaos plane, however they wouldn't be of much use there...

Spoiler
You have to be the one dealing the killing blow, and with the right weapon as well. This is hard to guarantee if you have a companion along that is capable of doing any dammage to Andor.

On D:50 however a few powerfull allies might come in handy, and there are tricks to get companions past level 49 (basicaly just keep teleporting them around untill they end up next to the down stairs (at least this used to work)).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2001 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

the problem with summoning powerful allies on D:50: can they follow you through the Chaos Gate?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

My Boar is getting well powerful now, the monster manual says 1-5 attacks and 35-235 damage.

He can also teleport.

Is there any way to see how corrupted a pet is?
Failure
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

This is a question regarding that spoiler over there above:

Spoiler

What happens if your pet kills Andy? Does he/she/it become an avatar or sth? Maybe if you'd give him/her/it the ToTRR/Scepter first you'd get a new ending text in future versions...
"soandso was killed in the chaos plane by his/her pet whom had just turned into the next chaos god" =)
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, bit of a snag with a powerful pet - you don't gain experience very fast (your pet does) am now level 20, with rubbish kit and bad stats, and have now killed anything that might be bad.

I suppose the good thing is nothing survives against my boar for very long - has 5 attacks and does 35 - 250 damage per hit.
Jadejag
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

i have a balor pet that killed the ancient blue wyrm and wasnt even hurt afterwards! weeee

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: