Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Hmm, is this special?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Flare
Registered user
The big fat cooked troll (yam)

Last page view:

7018 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

I just started a game, gnome thief, found unidentified scroll. Well i read it becuse i hadnt got scroll of identify. When i read it, The scroll reads: "f u r i, o s t o". Never got that kind of message before. Does someone know what it means???
there is no god, there is only me
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 10:03 (GMT -5)

the scroll is a scroll of literacy check if your literacy is at 100 it will say about "if you can read this you must be pretty good".
when literacy is below 100 some letters fall out
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Flare
Registered user
The big fat cooked troll (yam)

Last page view:

7018 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

Oh thanks

there is no god, there is only me
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

6999 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

hey, i just found a white dragon vault, with a named ancient wyrm, i think beginning with 'H'...
does she leave an artifact? among the loot i found a ring of karmic absorption as the only thing somewhat distinguishable? is that the artifact? and what does it do anyway?
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7042 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

all wyrms are named, It's just random, and they aren't guaranteed to drop artifacts, but greater vaults(they take up half the level) often contain artifacts. a ring of karmic absorption allows you to hit a karmic being without suffering any consequenses, although i think it breaks after a while.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 11:10 (GMT -5)

>>> all wyrms are named

only shadow wyrms aren't...
*Chaos Muffin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

R.O.K.A: it goes from blessed/normal/cursed when hitting a karmic creature, then you start getting cursed/doomed,
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

hmm. rare item, but not extremely useful after all.

i have another small question

do you get corrupted from carrying the Orbs in the tool slot, or only from 'u'sing them?? those +10 stat bonuses are mighty helpful, but not worth it if they speed up the corruption
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

You only get corrupted when 'u'sing the orbs not by carrying them or wielding them in your tool slot
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

And the corruption you get from 'u'sing the orbs is halved by wearing the elemental gauntlets.

Sometimes I wonder if a level 50 wizard could actually make a profit of mana or PP by 'u'sing mana orb while wearing elemental gaunts, and then writing a SoCR with the mana it gives.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4957 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

Well, how much corruption do you get from using the Orb?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

GB says 5000 points. That's 5 corruptions. 2500/2½corruptions with the gloves. Blessed SoCRs remove ~1500 points of corruption.

The mana orb gives you 3 mana, so you probably can't scum for mana that way. I haven't had any lvl 50 wizards but I'd guess writing a SoCR is more expensive than 1 point of mana.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 17:51 (GMT -5)

Either the guidebook is wrong, or being crowned lawful cuts corruption by like 40%. I had my archer advantage of the mana orb before having the unicorn remove his corruption, and heading through the chaos gate. 'u'sing it, with elemental gauntlets on, seemed to give 1500 points of corruption, as I always got either 1 or 2 corruptions from it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: