Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Uber Monsters

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4901 days, 7 hours, 13 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 19:15 (GMT -5)

Are there any monster that become Ubermonsters very fast? does it depend on the number of them you've killed? examples of some that are quick to power: Jackals, Gnolls, Worms (any colour) and Skeletans. Rats never seem to...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/11/2004 at 21:09 (GMT -5) by Zephyr]
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

The monsters in the small cave become much more powerful with every level you gain. I suppose you could get a really powerful companion if you can get a level 1 bard to tame a jackal in the small cave.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

I know that the SMC does that, but it seems to occur naturally too. I think with my lvl. 17 human Necro, the average damage caused by jackals is 25ish. they need two casts of Lightning bolt to kill, unless you bounce it off the wall. They've just gotten TOUGH. And it sucks, because there's a jackalwere in the big room, with almost 100 jackals...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4958 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

Writhling masses of primal chaos, if you arn't careful with those corruption traps-
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:25 (GMT -5)

they're tough anyway. I had a lvl. 8 or so PC, and he saw a cat while he was around 5 squares oway from a Corruption trap in a hallway with a closable door. he ran and closed the door. After a lot of "Taint" messages, he opened it and, of course, saw a WMoPC. "well good" I thought "Now I don't have to kill a cat."
Then it hit me. I got paralized and was dead in about 2-4 turns. Crap.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4958 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

Ah, the things we do to avoid killing those cute little buggers...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

Sargoth: Correction, those EXTREMELY ANNOYING cut little buggers.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 23:04 (GMT -5)

I know how it is... I just spent the past 45 minutes trying to keep the big room clear so an ochre jelly could multiply in a room of doors. I had to put up with an elven priestess and princess, red worms, and once they were finished, brown worms showed up. Finally, with a brown worm and an ochre jelly safely tucked away in the door room, I cleared the rest of the floor. Guess what remained? A cave lion. Trouble is, I'm out of potions of exchange, and my PC is intrinsically invisible, so she can't lure it up or down stairs.

By the way, how many stomafillia herbs should I expect to sacrifice before being precrowned? I'm pretty sure I sacrificed close to a hundred, not to mention 20,000+ gp and a bunch of rings I don't need.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5144 days, 8 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 01:38 (GMT -5)

Kick at the lion while very cowardly, it will make it spot you so you can lure it away.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: