Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Contest of doom!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

Congrats

BWT:
Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
Ammunition: 1, base range: 2, +66 bonus to hit, 1d1+31 damage

How did you get the damage that "high"
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4941 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

It's because of my high dexterity and maybe strength. I'm not sure whether strength affects missile damage, but I suppose it does. Anyway, I didn't use any missiles. That ring of regeneration is in my missile slot, because it causes regeneration even in there (probably a bug).
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7043 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

and it says you charisma was modified +17, but your screenshot says you have Charisma 2. Did you start with -15 Charisma or have you been drinking cursed potions of boost charisma or whatever.

and yeah, congrats, nice score :)
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 14:36 (GMT -5)

Oh, and i have to add:
Height: 6'8" Weight: 3 pounds
ROFL, just imagine that...
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

:D

Look my corruptions: sulphur (ch-4), unholy aura( ch-10) and apish (ch-2). And yes, my starting value was 1 ;)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

oh right, forgot about that. anyways, that score x 3.1 will be very hard to beat :)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 06:22 (GMT -5)

Congrats Ashandarei!
Added Iridia to the list. eppztr, is your 2nd character still alive?
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 15:34 (GMT -5)

Yup, I'm alive, but I'm only going for normal ending now so I'll never beat Ash's score :)

I'm a gray elven wizard born in cup and I've done 3 precrownings. (cross aligned prayer abuse, or whatever you call it) I also have a cloak of invisibility and teleport control.

The cross aligned prayer stuff is really great and I had enormous luck and got very nice artifacts, precrowning-gifts were: robes of resistane, Ironfist and Iron crown of Havlor and then I was crowned with Staff of the Arhmagi and Acid Immunity.
I do however feel a bit guilty as I think it should be considered cheating, but i just had to try it out :)
But i guess it was the first and last time too.

Did a stupid thing right now, I forgot to talk to Thundrarr again after doing his first quest (kill a jackal) so i just went down to the forest and then i remembered i hadn't got the quest yet.
Now Thundrarr wants me to find a frickin' vapor rat, AARGHHH!

So right now I'm training stats with some herbs in the big room, then I'll probably kill some gremlins. Haven't killed any cats yet either, I actually haven't got the RotMC yet with any character, so hopefully I'll manage that now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/19/2004 at 15:36 (GMT -5) by eppztr]
Zephyr Offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

What's the crossaligned prayer thing? If you don't feel like telling me, just point me to where I can find out. BTW, do you need to be *Extremely close* for a precrown, or just *very close* Plus, how do you guys get to *very/Extremely close* to your god? My PCs usually just sit about alter waiting for monsters and killing monsters of the same alignment as themselves, and Saccing all others. And, How do y'all manage to get so FAR? In so little time? And your PCs don't die? I wish I were that good...

(Sorry for the long, off topic post, I just had a few questions)
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 at 02:48 (GMT -5)

'What's the crossaligned prayer thing?'- You annoy some gods, and others are pleased with you. For example, be chaotic and pray until your god sends greater daemons after you and strikes you with true matter bolts. Then convert, and other gods LOVE you ;). eppztr, I don't think it's exactly cheating. Of course gods like to see their rivals annoyed.

You must be extremely close for your 1st precrowning or at least 'very close enough' ;) You can only try it by praying. Good things to offer: living sacrifice, money if you have it a lot and stomafillia herbs. Sac about 100 stomafillias and you are close enough to get precrowned.

And how we can get so far? By playing and playing ;)
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 at 06:07 (GMT -5)

Well no, techincally it's not cheating but it sure is lame :)

the following is spoily:

Zephyr, I did like this: First i gained experience until i was lvl 14, which is enough for 3 precrownings if no artifacts have been generated.

Then i got teleport control from a blink dog corpse, a wand of teleportation from the dusty cave, switched aligment to lawful and made sure i had acces to a neutral altar.

Then i went to the Migh Mountain Village and killed the oracle, and while standing on her island i prayed to the lawful god about 500 times, but you have to make sure tou can survive the different nasty things the god does to you while he's getting angrier.

And as the lawful god gets pissed off at you, the other gods like you more, and after a while it's enough for a precrowning, or even 3.

After a while the god starts summoning solars (different monsters for each alignment) and after 500 prayers i teleported to the shortcut out of the village, went to the neutral altar, converted and prayed to the god 3 times and got 3 precrownings, simple :)
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4901 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 at 22:14 (GMT -5)

Thanks. I'll have to try that. Is it possible to sacrifice Solars that the god's summoned? And wouldn't that sorta screw you for getting the Medal, if the HMV is FULL of solars? or did you leave Ga'ab b'ay in her little passage?
I should know this, but is the Oracle actually useful, or does she just sit there? and is there an easy way to kill her? I seem to recall she's pretty tough...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Is there a list of the bad things your god will do to you? I know he says *MORTAL, YE ART A NUICANCE!* and then he curses your stuff, and then destroys it, but does he ever smite you?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

Yes the god does smite you with a bolt of whatever, but it's not that hard to surive. I think it's all in the guidebook.
The crone is still in her little house, just teleport in there, don't think any solars will be summoned there.

Spoily:

Eating the oracle makes you cursed and doomed and gives a Learning boost of ~5 points.
Beware of attacking her if you can't take her out in a cuple of blows as she can cast death ray.
You could also talk to her, she might say something useful, though i doubt it :)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/23/2004 at 03:09 (GMT -5) by eppztr]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if this works but, you could possibly completely avoid the death rays by using a missile weapon and standing in an angle that she can't shoot the rays to
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
eppztr unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 08:28 (GMT -5)

it's not actually rays it's more like missiles, so you don't have to be in a direct line
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 19:08 (GMT -5)

My PC's tend to find amulets of death ray res. at useless times like Lvl 2. It's so annoying, because if your Lvl 2 is going up against something that casts Death Ray, You've got bigger problems.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: