Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / Mutation

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 00:01 (GMT -5)

Scene One
---------

It was a fine day in Sacremento. It was mid August, the sun was high, the air warm, and a slight cool breeze was coming in off the ocean. Joey Walker strolled through a park, watching the birds pecking at crumbs thrown by a old woman on a bench. His family was at a play downtown, but he hadn't gone with them because some business had come up about his tuition next semester, and he had had to stay at his grandmother's house to work it out. So now, he was taking a walk, relaxing and throwing off the stress of school.

He found a tree and leaned up against it, enjoying the summer air. Summer time was the best time of the year, he decided. He saw another young man accross the park in a wheelchair, apparently enjoying the same day; but upon looking closer Joey realized the man wasn't smiling. Reveling in his relaxation and enjoyment of the day he decided to find out why the poor man was unhappy, and do something about it if he could. He paused for just a moment before stepping away from the tree and walking toward the chair-bound man.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4899 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

Phil looked up and saw a young man striding towards him. On legs. If only...
Then; *Love Summer* *Grandmother* *Peace*
*Different*

Phil frowned. That last one was odd. He hadn't managed to catch WHO is was who was different, just a feeling of differance.
"Hi."
"Hello."

An uncomforteble silence followed. Phil usually had that effect on people. He didn't like to talk much, in case he gave something away. Something that he shouldn't know.
"Nice day, isn't it?"

Well, thought Phil. THIS isn't a forced conversation.
"I suppose."

Without warning: *lightning* *Uniqueness* *outcast* *secrets*

Phil blinked. Normally flashes only happened once a day or so. Perhaps he was ecoming better at understanding them... Phil smiled.
"So, you're an oddball too, are you?" he asked with a chuckle.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 23:19 (GMT -5)

Joey was taken aback by this last statement, but tried to play it off. He had seen on the news a couple nights earlier about some so-called "mutants" in New York, that were being subjected to all sorts of discrimination. The NYPD were supposed to be trying to round them up "to protect them", but he didn't believe that for a minute. Expecting a trap, he replied, "Aren't we all?" He forced a laugh, and tried to change the subject. "I'm Joey. Joseph Walker." He stuck out his hand.

Phil hesitated for a moment and then shook it. "Phil. You have relatives around these parts?"

Joey paused again. "Yeah... How did you know I didn't live here?"

But he didn't get a chance to hear the response; a scream echoed out from the far side of the park. Everyone looked toward it, but there were trees in the way, so not everyone could see. Those who could screamed also and began to run. The panic was contagious; soon people were screaming and running everywhere.

Then Joey caught sight of the source of all the havok, or at least one of the sources. A man in a bright red suit dive-tackled a young woman, then shoved his hand through her back and tore out her heart, which he greedily begain drinking the blood out of.

Joey's initial wave of revulsion quickly turned to fear for his own life when the man caught sight of him. The red-suited man shouted something and pointed toward Joey and Phil, then returned to his feast. Joey didn't wait to see who would respond to the shout; he turned and ran ten paces, then remembered Phil's predicament. Returning to the wheelchair-bound man, he grabbed the back of the chair and began pushing it out of the park as quickly as he possibly could without dislodging his passenger.

"Where are we going?" shouted Phil as they left the park.

"I don't know!" Joey replied. "Away from here, and fast! Do you know of anyplace we can go?"
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 12:31 (GMT -5)

"Yeah, we can head to the hospital."
"Why would we go there?"
"Well, to start with, there's lots of pointy stuff, and there's also lots of people who are slower than us, so if that thing shows up, he'll go after them, not us."
"Lord, that's morbid."
"But it's true."

Phil glanced back. The red suited man wasn't in sight. "O.K Joey, we can slow down now." he shouted.
As soon as he was free to control his own movement again, he wheeled around to face Joey.
"I know you're different, and by now you'd have to be pretty dense not to notice I am. Basically, all I can do is detect basic feelings felt by a person. It's uncontrolled. What do you do?"
Joey stared. "That explains a lot. I'm not entirely sure how far my powers go yet, But I can emit a shock occasionally, just enough to sting. It also happens randomly. It gets really annoying when you fry your computer in the middle of an unsaved essay."
Suddenly Phil's eyebrows lowered. "Hang on, I just felt-"
"Me."
Joey started. "Who's there?!"
"I Am."
"Thanks, but that isn't very helpful."

An old man stepped out of the shadows. He just seemed to materealize there. "You kids are weak. Don't worry, I'm here to help. You need to practice. If you want to learn more about your powers, come with me."

OOC: I think this guy is gonna be a sorta mystical mentor. He's not a main part of the group, just there to help. His power is invisibility. He needs to be standing still for it to work. If you don't like him Duke, you can have the Red guy kill him.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

Joey looked over at Phil. In one look, he tried to convey "Should we go?"
Phil looked to make sure the mans back was turned, and nodded. Then he made a gesture consisting of pointing at his eyes and pretending to pry one open. Joey assumed this meant "Sure, but keep your eyes peeled for trouble."
Well duh, thought Joey, Like I would follow some wierd old guy and NOT pay attention to him.
The man led them through downtown Sacremento. He turned a few corners, making sure that Phil could keep up. After a while, he walked up to a dusty ancient house and paused by the door.
As the boys watched, he stroked the keyhole with his finger. It seemed to grow, until it was big enough to surround the extended digit. He put his finger in and twisted left. the door creaked open.
Joey looked inside the house. An old chair, some cracked tile and a old TV complete with tin-foil bunny ears. As they stepped inside, He remarked "Why that funky lock to protect THIS?"
The man made no reply, but strode over to the TV. After adjusting the bunny ears, he pushed the power button. A tremor shook the floor. The boys started as they felt the whole room start to move downwards like a giant elevator.
The man turned around. "Welcome" he said, "To my home."
Portrait
Vale
Registered user
rAnDom mOjo Man

Last page view:

5454 days, 22 hours, 16 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

After about 30sec the room came to a sudden stop causeing everyone except the old man to lose their balence. Before they could do anything the old man opened the door that they just came from and motioned for them to enter into the hallway and as soon as the door was shut the old man said "I didn't want to explain exatly what was happening any where else because... well the walls ears."
"What didn't you want to explain?" asid Phil
"Well that i couldnt help but overhearing your conversation about you aquired attributes and decded that since you had no where safe to go I would show you our refuge.."
They had realized that they had reached the end of the hall way which opened into a cavernous like space. In which there were three people were already seated in chairs that were placed in frount a round table.

OOC: hey i thought this was a great idea so why not get it started up again

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/2/2009 at 13:58 (GMT -5) by Vale]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: