Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Started a new character...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

7051 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

A male Trollish Fighter, born under the Dragon sign...random gender and race. I wanted a Fighter regardless. <3

So far, he's doing well. He's done the Puppy Quest and survived the "Getting of the waterproof blanket" in the SMC.

But now a dilly of a pickle...he's Chaotic and doesn't have the Healing skill (I though Trolls get this automaticaly!). I want him to get to N before I do the Yriggs Quest succesfully so I get the Healing from Jhaord.

On the last level of the Puppy Cave, there's a Chaotic altar RIGHT NEXT to an entrance of the lesser valut...full of gnolls (Chaotic?) and hyneas (Neutral?), so unless the mass sacrificing of them doesn't change the altar to neutral, I'm screwed. :'(

Any help/suggestions? I do want to keep this character cause the first level of the Puppy Cave generated a Ring Shop. =3
XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

BTW, his name be Polrak. I was going through "-rak" names and that one had a good ring to it. :)
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

I

think

this

might be spoily...

Best way could be to get Twyat payne to Holeinthewall and get an amulet of order (Sherrif badge)from him. (or does that item hurt Cs? Im not sure at the moment)
Or of course you can get healing from the doctor at holeinthewall. (do first hotzenplotz quest)
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7042 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

yup, might be spoily:

Sacrificing the gnolls will only bring you closer to the chaotic god.
Chaotic gods accept sacrifices of critters from all alignments and thus does not get upset if you sacrifice chaotic monsters.

You can either just kill the gnolls and keep going until you find another lawful or neutral altar.

OR you can gain exp until you are lvl ~10 (not sure if it's that high for trolls)
and then talk to Tywat Pare. He'll give you another lawful quest to kill Hotzenplots
(beware, he can be tough)
Or just do as mattam says and get him to Holeinthewall..
And yes, the Amulet does hurt chaotics, which can be anoying for a PC without the Healing skill.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 12/14/2004 at 09:41 (GMT -5) by eppztr]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

Do the Jharod quest. Even if you're chaotic when you do it, you can convert later and receive the skill at any time. Getting the carpenter healed gives one lawful boost, and talking to Rynt back in Terinyo gives another one. If those two don't bring you to neutral alignment, giving the puppy corpse to the girl should.
Save the gnolls and hyenas (they're both chaotic by the way) until after you convert - lesser vault + altar = instant precrown. Be careful converting the altar by the way, it's risky trying to do it with live sacrifices, you might just lower your alignment again which would be a pain. Use gold (be generous) if you've got enough.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 11:48 (GMT -5)

You don't have to be lvl 10 to do the Hotzenplotz quest, just kill him and talk to Tywat Pare and he will give you the amulet.
And yes the amulet of order hurts chaotics, but not much
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 16:36 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but the only way I know how to "impress" Jharod is to lure Yriggs to him to get healed. x_x;

And I ain't doing the Hotzenplotz quests...getting Healing from that mad doctor comes at VERY nasty costs.

I guess I should just go to the Unremarkable Dungeon and hope a altar is generated there. -_-;

And my Troll is at LV 11, I think.
XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Never thought of the amulet of order, though. I didn't do the Kranch quest, so I can't get the amulet by taking Tywat to "Holeinthewall", or do I have to be L to get that...x_x;

Maybe I should of wished for the amulet when I got a wish from draining a pool in the Puppy Cave. :) I wished for eternium plate mail from that, cause I wanted better armor than "thick furs".
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

well, wishing for one would be a *huge* waste if you ask me. You get it for killing hotzenplotz anyway!

(mattam, who just lost his lev 23 elementalist to stupidity.)

*sob*

gosh, look he is still crying!
XThePKMNScientist
Registered user
X The Pokemon Scientist

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

Problem solved!

I went to the Unremarkable Dungeon, and the first level generated a netural altar! Huzzah! After sacing all my gold to become NC, I went to the Village Dungeon (Why would a village have a dungeon??) and completed the Yriggs quest and got Healing. While in the dungeon, I found another neutral altar. x_x;

And scratch that "LV 11 Troll" thing...my Troll is at LV 6. Sorry. ^_^;

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: