Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Answers an advice needed

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Col. Brandon
Registered user

Last page view:

6007 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

Just yesterday I got further than ever before: 3 orbs, RotHK, Past the the cat lord and bunny room.
Hunan was a lvl 26 Dwarf Barbarian who was precrowned twice (Whirlwind and stupid Black Tome), crowned with Skullcrusher, found Preserver in a shop, got 1 ring of Djinni summoning (Girdle of Giant strength), and had Black Dragon Scale mail and Eternium Tower shield.

I ran into 3 serious problems:
1. Cat Lord - Is it possible to beat this guy in melee?
2. Ran into a group of about 6 Minotaur Mages, even though I had confusion resistence they confused me constantly and seriously drained my stats.
3. Ki-Rin - This is what killed me, he was hostile (even though I was L+), I escaped at first but when I was passing back through area he instantly killed me with an energy blast (death ray?) I assume killing one lowers your alignment considerably.
"One half of world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." -Emma
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

1. paralyze and/or web and then hit him, a wizard can use scare monster, if it works, it's about the easiest way to kill the Cat Lord. But he can be very hard indeed. I accidentally sacced the lord with my current char :( he was standing on an altar and I pressed Shift+o instead of Shift+i.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 7 hours, 1 minute and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

You guessed it right, Ki-Rins fire death rays. They're very rare and powerful, you were unlucky to bump into one. And yeah, killing a Ki-Rin is a chaotic act. Not as much as, say, killing the greater white unicorn but somewhat chaotic.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

2.Minoutaur mages are almost as bad as lich kings, except they don't summon help. Use spells, missiles or companions. Do not melee them, if you are not sure what you are doing. Or leave them alone.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

It's possible to kill the cat lord in melee if you have good to-hit and a humanoid slaying artifact weapon. He hits hard, but his HP aren't that high if you haven't killed too many cats.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

The cat lord is vulnerable to humanoid slaying stuff? Seriously? I'll remember that. I always thought he was just a big cat.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5825 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

best way to kill cat lord is to get a wand of fireballs with 20+ charges, wield 2 shields and get him to panic, after that use arrows and or melee to kill him... if he stops panicing, then use the wand again :c

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: