Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Archer question?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

RunnerLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

In the manuel is says the race has great influence on their preferred missile weapon, what do the races do and which ones are preferred for archers?
Battle bunny
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 at 02:57 (GMT -5)

Gnomes use crossbows and quarrels. High and(?, don't remember, apologies if not) Gray Elves use arrows. Hurthlings use rocks etc.etc. I think the best archer is a hurthling archer, I always play archers with hobbits.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4940 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5)

Gnomes require only 3/4 or 2/3 (am not absolutely sure which one) missile marks to advance with Crossbows. And hurthlings only 2/3 to advance with slings or thrown rocks. I like gray elven archers.

By the way, gray/high elves should have similar advantage with bows. I hope that TB will add it to the next version of ADOM.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

No, they shouldn't. They're good enough already.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

Yes, they should. Even manual says that elves are good bowmen and train shooting in their youths. Exactly as hurthlings like throwing rocks.

"They're good enough already." - Do they have some kind of advantage? I don't know anything such myself.

The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

High life span. That's more than an advantage later on.

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

For hurthling archers, should you throw rocks or use slings?
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 02:44 (GMT -5)

The thrown rocks skill hurthlings get is mostly to help with early-game survival, I'd say. Any archer should specialize in bows and crossbows later on.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Ah, I thought that you meant that elves are already good enough bowmen... Yes, elves are very good. But they still should have that advantage, because they deal with bows so much. Drakelings are very good too, and still they do have that breath-attack of theirs. So why elves couldn't have such a racial advantage?
Flamedrake
Registered user
The Crazy Axe wielding Pyro

Last page view:

6178 days, 21 hours, 49 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 at 09:28 (GMT -5)

The only bad thing about Drakeling Archers is the Scugari (I dont think I spelled that right) are hard to find early on, at least for me it is, I never really start to see them till i start to run into dragons, & by then i got my Bow Skills up.
Stuff happens & you cant stop it, unless you can.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: