Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / MUDs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

RunnerLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 04:41 (GMT -5)

Has anyone here ever played any MUD's and if so did you like it and which was is?
(Molach) - unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

I played a lot.
I like the co-op theme some muds got.
By far my favourite was one called
"DURIS - the land of bloodlust"
This mud is theme-based, and it allows full pkill.
However pkill is usually against the opposide side. There are the good (dwarf, grey elf, human, gnome, barbarian, halfling, centaur) races and the evil (drow elf, duergar, orc, ogre, troll, githyanki).
You got a lot of different classes to, from pure warrior or magic-used to mixed classes like ranger and paladin.
Advancement in levels is quite fast, the experts can get to level 50 in 3 days. 2 weeks if youre new to the game should be doable.
The thrill of the game is, you do not know how many of the "evil" races are on the game, or where they are. So you might have a group of 5-6 people doing a zone (like fire temple :) and suddenly you would see messages like
A Drow Elf enters from the west
An Ogre enters from the west
An Orc enters from the west
A Drow elf starts casting an offensive spell....
An Ogre looks a bit dumb, then madly slams _YOU_

...which would mean that an evil raid party has spotted you, entered and are doing the best they can to kill your group and take your equipment.
So its both a battle against NPC (like in ADOM) to gain better equipment and special level potions for level 51-56 AND a battle against other players of the evils races.

Ive played other muds, but without the fear of dying and losing equipment there never was enough thrill to keep me going.
The racewar system also means that people on your race side will tend to be helpful and join up to get equipment, instead of total pkill anarchy.
With a bit of experience you can also roam the lands and look for evils to kill.

For these reasons I'd recommend this MUD.
There are a lot of commands to learn, but if you play polite and learn what other players do its quite possible to join in the fun.
Its totally free.

Check out www.durismud.com if this sounds interesting. The telnet address would be durismud.org 6666
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 07:19 (GMT -5)

www.icesus.org

Icesus mud. Free. Advanced. Unique.
check the site.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1228 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

Im playing Icesus right now, and its the best Free mud i've ever played. Message me under Raal, my B'rogh Soldier :)

Dragons gate is far better however, doing away with levels entirely and focusing on an entirely skill level system. You can even play as a dragon, who evolve over time into from a mere lizard man, to a fearsome scaly beast :) Its cheap as well, though i couldn't give you the exact ammount.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: