Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / bard trouble

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

so, you bard experts, how do you do it?????

First what do you think is the best race for a bard? I mean dwarfs get a cavebear. pretty cool. any other suggestions?

Second: How the hell do you do the carpenter? I mean my level 8 coward Wizards, dual wielding shields sometimes get killed by "violet-t"

SMC is easy with a bard and afterwards i do carpenter and get killed invariably... usually on level 4-6 (of the dungeon that is...)

What am I doing wrong?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

I generally avoid trying to save Yrrigs until I've got some armour. PV of 5 or 6 should be enough to protect you until you get back to Jharod.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Phibby&Dol
Registered user
Incarnation of Illu

Last page view:

6994 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

I only play hurthling bard so i can't say which race is best (...) but in general human and troll bards die faster (the former because of mediocre melee/missile skills, and the latter killed by ghuls)
And for the carpenter quest, speed and DV are the keys. Using the talent system to get a pair of 7LBs at the beginning and then Careful-->Quick-->Defensive Fighter will give you a char that's suitable to save the purple t.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 14:38 (GMT -5)

thanks!

hmmm...
maybe i should level up until 5 in the SMC as I do with any other char.
after clearing it with the pet of course...
well, i think i'll try that tomorrow...
One thing is that i always seem to find twohanded swords there. Once even one made of eternium. :)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

I play gnome bards, they pretty much automatically get 4 talents, so I can get the seven league boots AND treasure hunter... Bard luck, treasure hunter and gnome's high mana mean lots of good loot...

Bards aren't that tough, so I like to hand around the ID for the first 5-7 levels. With the seven league boots it doesn't take much game time, after leveling in the ID you actually have time to do the druid/elder quest BEFORE saving the puppy...

Then, of course, you can always tame yourself a nice killer bug or a wild boar to slay things for you.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

Ok.
I confess
Bards confuse me...

A few days ago I had a wilderness encounter with some orks. I sent my cavbear to kill them, he dutifully did so. Came back and killed me... Have no Idea why my pet suddenly decided to not like me anymore.

And now I tried a gnome.
she got killed by a pit viper in smc.
In the epitah i read: She had the following intrinsic:
Fate smiled upon her.

???

What? She was level 1, no altars or anything! She survived only a few minutes! Where did that come from? Heir Talent???
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

All characters created today have Fate smile.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it's christmas eve :)

Actually, it's 0:05 on my comp's clock :(

I missed out a chance to create any chars on christmas eve :'(
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Zephyr Offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 17:43 (GMT -5)

Wow, Time differince! It's only 5:39 in Ontario, Canada! Eh? There was a big snowstorm a little while ago, so I had had to shovel. Even with the Two Weapon Combat skill, dual-weilding shovels is no fun.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

That's why you should be a wizzie and use the Mystic Shovel ^^
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4941 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Or improved fireball... ;)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4901 days, 9 hours, 18 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

I tried that, but my dad wasn't to pleased with the smoldering remains of our house. I guess my Wi was higher than I thought.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: