Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Body parts.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4900 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

On the homepage, he mentions bodyparts. I just though it would be cool if you got the corruption:
You have grwon a third arm! (St:+3 Ch: -2 Ap: -8)
(Made up.) ;pSo that you could weild three weapons or another sheild or whatever. That could get very cool. It would also be funny if body parts were implemented in adom. Picture killing Andy with his own arm...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

The body parts thing was in reference to controlling creatures with different bodies to you, although he did mention hypothetical grafting powers for necromancers . . .
Yay for new necromancer powers!
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

A third arm might be fun. It wouldn't be THAT unbalancing: maybe you could use a third weapon/shield and ring, but couldn't use body armour...

Heh, what about giving yourself another head...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 16:59 (GMT -5)

Hmm... Maybe it would be

You have grown a second head (DV -3 Le +5 To:-2 Ap: - 7 Ch: -3 Pe:+3)

Ch would be -ed because you'd be inturrupting yourself. Dv because you'd have two necks, and To because it should be.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 4 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

Possibilities:

Do you want to wield the blessed female grey elven leg (-3, 1d8+10)?

Select your next meal:
A-Goblin foot
B-3 Blessed Eyes of Black Dragons
C-2 Cursed Female Human Forearms

You engage the Troll Berserker. Do you wish to select a body part to target with your Blessed Dismembering Eternium Sword of Sharpness (+3, 2d10+11) (y/N)?

The Stone Giant Lord grabs your left arm! Your left arm is ripped from its socket! You are bleeding uncontrollably! Your Cursed Small Mithril Shield (+5, +5) falls to the ground! You are stunned by the pain! You are staggering. You are bleeding uncontrollably! The Stone Giant Lord hits you. You are staggering. You are bleeding uncontrollably! The Stone Giant Lord hits you. You are staggering. You are bleeding uncontrollably! The Stone Giant Lord hits you. You die...
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/23/2004 at 21:41 (GMT -5) by einherjar]
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

I think the leg is rather strong. A body part is to squishy to do tons of damage. I suppose it would count as a club probably, right?
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 00:12 (GMT -5)

Einherjar: Excellent Adomese, sounds like Biskup himself wrote it. However, the whole getting arms torn off part is a little too freaky for my taste.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6835 days, 4 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

Well, I can't see how Biskup could realistically include dismembered body parts in JADE without even a minimum amount of gruesomeness. There must be a way of acquiring body parts aside from finding them on the floor of some dungeon or buying them from a shopkeeper.

Munxip, the human shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer you 857 gold pieces for your blessed heap of 6 human heads."
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/25/2004 at 01:48 (GMT -5) by einherjar]
Portrait
Reverend PrOHna
Registered user
Church of The Subgenius

Last page view:

6978 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 02:12 (GMT -5)

this idea is getting a bit rediculous.
“We're all bozos on this bus, but at least our bus isn't driving over a cliff.”
- Pope Charles, SubGenius Pope of Houston

[] Praise "Bob"! []
[]http://www.subgenius.com[]
[] Slack OFF! []

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 19:12 (GMT -5)

Maybe there'd be a new skil, Butchering. It would allow you to cut corpses into peices. Different parts would be better cuts of meat, so you could drop the head and toes and keep the legs and arms, to save on weight. There'd be bonuses if you were weilding daggers or knives, and you couldn't do it with some stuff (Like clubs & hammers :) )
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6521 days, 20 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

You could get nice minced meat with a club or hammer :P Just keep hitting it long enough.

Well, okay, it might not me "nice" but you would be able to eat it and you would be able to leave the head and toes. Perhaps another skill, "beating the shit out of dead corpses" could be introduced. You would then even be able to eat the head and toes without noticing it. More food per corpse.
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

Nah, that should be a barbarian ability. Coupled with the lvl 12 one.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: