Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Lucky

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

I just got to brag a bit, since it's been so long I've played adom and now I'm doing great.

Dwarven fighter (I know I know, but I've never passed lvl 23, so I wanted to for an easy shot).
Ud was kind to me, altars, herbs, a large ring shop (emptying it occasionally in hopes for RoDS). Found Ring of Ice there right off the bat, so my gear is safe, combined with the waterproof blanket from SMC and a fireproof one 1 lvl below.
Precrowned with Skullcrusher, been using that ever since, clubs at lvl 11 atm. Was going for a second precrowning, but got bored trying and ventured on.
Cleared Darkforge quite early (lvl 14 early for me at least) and got whitedragon scales from there. A lot of eternium weapons, addy two handers, Long sthing, but I'm happy with my Skullcrusher. Dwarven elder gave me a quest to kill a chaos rat.
Ok, I spent some time in the big room, but decided to leave before jackals and spiders start punching through my 40 pv.
Went on below dwarftown. Fighting a tension room, I ended up half dead battling an emperor berserker and ghost king. So I prayed. To my grandest surprise, my deity crowned me. I was still very close, and I thought I'd need absolutely close. Ok, I thought, at least I got healed and I get a gift too. I pick up the stuff and see....shining silvery bracers! I could only stare at the screen.
RNG being very friendly for me with this char. Best to keep my guard up, or I end up being cocky and get killed by something very very stupid. Still, so far doing great ^^
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6510 days, 17 hours, 27 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

Nice work. Level 14 is pretty early to clear Darkforge (even with a humanoid slayer), well done there. keep going!
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

Some updates, found chaos rat..and the damn elder then tasked me to find a troll king. yah, right, he certainly has something against me.

Oh well, abandoning that for later, I decided to fight the arena and do the graveyard. Yes, I know lose a quest doing the arena early, but I didn't really need any of the things I would have got.
Oh I did pyramid before to get the wrappings, turns out it was good that I did, since the last opponent was the ogre magus. No problems there. Then I decided to get cocky :P I knew that I'd prolly meet something very nasty by fighting after the getting the gladius, but I wanted gold to for training.
So, most of the time, I get orcs and stuff.. then I get a titan. Oh shit, this thing is tough! I hit him, do minimal damage, he hits me, does about 20 damage. We keep bangin each other for a loong time. Had to pray once to survive him, but he left me a corpse! Next baddie, a master lich. I was a bit scared, since I've only encountered them with cheated high power chars before. Anyway, he summoned a whole bunch of wraiths and I was fighting to all directions, but the lich didn't even scratch me, was too busy healing himself.
The last baddie was a werewolf king. First summon, dozen werewolf lords, they summoned werewolves, they summoned wolves...the arena got a bit crowdy there. That fight lasted long, since the über leveling already had the normal wolves at high hp. But I lived on.

Ok, off to graveyard, nothing worth mentioning there, didn't have plain blankets or digging equipment, so no gremlin trick/sword of nonnak for me yet. Oh well, elemental gauntlets are nice, shield my ring of luck and ice.

Next stop, big room, pacification. Had some trouble finding a breeder, and I accidently killed 1 when I did found it. Eventually though I got the room done, with 3 4 square bushes left, I'm stocking now up with stoma, moss and spenseweed.
Oh found some 7lb along the way, got Rolf's Saviour. Now getting some herbs, then to find an AoLS, mgiht try the ring shop I found earlier.
Then I guess I might go for RoHK, or maybe even test the water at ToEF, as I have plenty of poisoning stuff.
Nearing lvl 20, this char looks good :)
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

More going ons.

Killed the smith in dwarftown to do something to my armor. *sigh* I didn't realize I'd spend SO many pick axes while getting ore, so I finally gave up on the idea. Just gotta pick up what comes.

No luck on AoLS, ring shop didn't have RoDS, which I prolly couldn't have afforded anyway. Drained half the pools in the forge, no luck. Got doomed and cursed many times, got invisibility, which I like to have after Arena.
With nothing else to do, I went to try the ToEF. To my surprise, it was easy. Found a tension room of chaos knights I think it was. They dropped enough eternium to arm a small army, but I decided to keep my white dragon scales. Got a good cap though.
The dragon itself wasn't that hard. Took me down to little hp with its energy rays, but I had enough weed to wake the dead. I had it follow me to a corridor of 3 spaces, then let it come next to me. 4 shots from wand of poison, a little waiting while it was suffering, then one final blow on berserk to kill it. No corruption to me, killed it and got the orb. My strength starts to be on reasonable levels now.
Then went to get RoHK. On the last level I remember that I don't have any wands of ice. Great. Back up one level I meet a baby white dragon. hmm, it shoots cold, maybe it works I thought. Well it didn't, so now I need either AoLS or a wand of ice to proceed anywhere. Got 1 corruption (sulphur) 1 PoCC stashed in the big room.
Boy I hate to scum for some particular item, then I never find it. Guess I have to drain rest of those pools in the forge then..
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4941 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

Have you gremlin scummed or digged up treasure graves in dwarf graveyard? You might try it there.

Good luck.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

I lack a few parts for the gremlin trick (wand of traps, blanket if I'm gonna do it in the graveyard).

Going for those graves next, I just need a pick axe, lost 4 when trying to get ore.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

Every time I hear someone mention gremlin scumming in the graveyard, I feel so proud. That was actually my idea, which I posted here some time ago.

Though I needed to hear from someone else that you can make traps with holes and blankets. So I suppose he deserves equal credit.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: