Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / new metalman

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

not really a metalman. but basicly you can only carry: Corpses, herbs, seeds, sticks, and stones. everything else must be dropped at the first oprotunity. Other stuff can be eaten off the ground tho. i've never gotten very far with it, although IMO hurthlings would be best for it.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

I assume those rules does not apply to the <spoilers> needed to reverse the stairs down to <spoily> level? :) Could be kinda tricky otherwise...

Locke Cole
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

of course. you can use absoulutly nessacary stuff.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 01:24 (GMT -5)

thought about the thing, and here's the limitations (this does have some spoilers):

Spoiler

No food other than corpses and herbs.
No metal weapons. (This includes metal-shod staves.) Quarterstaves and stone weapons are allowed.
No armor; this excludes furs and wooden shields.
No missile (wepons) alowed; this excludes rocks.
No tools; this excludes the Chaos Orbs, sticks, and logs.
No rings/amulets/gems/money/scrolls/potions/spellbooks whatsoever.
No artifacts; if you find an artifact that appears acceptable at first, but ID it as an artifact, you must *immediatly* drop it.
If you start with any of the above items, you must drop them as soon as humanly possible. In other words you must immediatly enter wilderness and drop anything you have that violates these rules.

Obviously this means that only normal endings are possible; but it would be quite a trick to win at all with those restrictions... spellcasters would suck at this, except Elementalists; they'd do pretty damn good IMO. so would monks, and beastmasters, and maybe even some of the other fighter classes. i tried it as an orcish monk; even with my bad luck i was able to get to VD:6 before i lost track of my hitpoints... IMO it's doable. let me know if anyone beats it... something i doubt... *g* unless you're awesome at the game.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Arion
Registered user

Last page view:

7898 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

I don't mean to criticize (no, of course not...), but I wish ppl would use this spoiler thingie more often. Or if you have a question that requires a spoily answer you'd post it on the spoiler forum. After all, what's the use of having a spoiler forum if you don't use it, right?

PS. Not much spoily stuff in this thread...

"No more shiny ones. Oh well, back to lurking I guesses."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: