Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / number of skill increases

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

What's the highest number of skill increases you've been able to get per level? I just broke my record at 8.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

i get 8 all the time. just play a high-elven bard.
that does, of course, assume you can level him/her up. get one to lvl 6 and you'l break the record again with 9.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 00:28 (GMT -5)

Cool. I'm a high elven wizard right now. I've noticed elves seem to have an incredible learning score (they get five or six skill increases while others get 3 or 4), but since I'm still kind of newbie I'm still learning all the secrets.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
mad god
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

what the problem? Note your required XP ('x' button) and put A Crown of Science just before gaining a level (assume you have scroll/potion/spell to uncurse it)
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

I know about the x button, but where do I get a crown of science?

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

You can find the crown of science in darkforge.Watch out but its autocursing.Assuming that you know where dark forge is.Its the long and nondescript tunnel west of the barbarians glade.There nothin much on the first level xcept a steel golem.Watch out for these on the second level.The Crown of science is in a 2x2 room.You will need teleportation.Oh yea n never take the quests that smith offers you.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

15 hours, 17 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

IIRC you don't need to teleport to find the crown, it's only seperated from the rest of the level by a secret door...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Oops yea ure right jan.Its been a while u know being at the afghan border n all.I mixed it up with the room in dwarftwon.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Ademon
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 11:01 (GMT -5)

I went to the Claw Bug Temple and collected a few corpses. I ate em. My dex was 99 and my will was 1.
So I drink a potion of exchange and bam my Le goes to 99, my will goes to 30 as well as str 30, unfortunately my To went to 1. Oh well. My point? With a Le of 99 I get 20-21 skill increases per level. 21 based every other level account of being born in month of cup. The higher the learning the more skill increases.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 14:22 (GMT -5)

20-21?

holy... crap... :-O

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

dam, that's a lot. if you were a bard born in the book you'd be getting 22 every level...
well, that kicks my record in the ass.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

My trollish merchant goes to the bug temple and eats until her dex is 99. Scums with a potion of exchange until her learning is 99. I just leveled up.

21 skill increases.

oh... my... god....... :-D

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:23 (GMT -5)

on a troll?! jesus f. christ on a god damn motorcycle!!! if he was a bard in the book he'd be getting... damn i gotta try that. *g* is there a WADOMF for 1.0.0? i overwrote g16p2 with 1.0.0 & the only WADOMF i've been able to find only worked with g16p2. oh well.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:45 (GMT -5)

Jesus f. christ on a god damn motorcycle? That's an interesting exclamation, I'll have to remember that...

What's a WADOMF?

But yeah, I've got possibly the world's first smart troll. Me intellectual troll. ;-)

(Oh, and to add to my troll's weirdness, she's a crowned champion of law. I believe in breaking the stereotypes associated with trolls...)

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 23:33 (GMT -5)

lol, next you'll be telling us about your awesome concentration skill and incredibal perception, both gained by casting the Wish spell without taking any HP. *g* and how you became the Avatar of Order by repetedly casting +99 ball spells... *g* BTW a kinda spoily question that may require a rather spoily answer... not sure tho:

Spoiler
what's the max proficiency with a spell? is there one? or is it the same as the max depth of the ID? oh wait i think i read somewhere that it's limited to 2x your learning, so would that mean its ~208? that'd be a nice spell at that point, ne1 ever gotten that high?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

Actually, my concentration is at 100. I got it from wishing at a pool. I also got another wish, from a ring of djinni summoning, which I used to get an amulet of life-saving for I'm-not-going-to-even-try-to-spell-his-name-correctly.

It was the coolest thing, I had this "ordinary ring" which I offered to sell to Waldenbrook. He offered me thousands of dollars for it, so I thought "Heck no!" and identified it. To think I almost sold it!

Any way to recharge a djinni ring?

Arion
Registered user

Last page view:

7898 days, 21 hours, 51 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

"Any way to recharge a djinni ring?"

Spoiler
You can't recharge any item that grants a wish, wand or a ring. It would be a bit too unbalancing otherwise IMO.

And now, what I'd like to know is this. How many of you looked what's under the spoiler filter. Does the spoiler filter serve any purpose?

"No more shiny ones. Oh well, back to lurking I guesses."
Arion
Registered user

Last page view:

7898 days, 21 hours, 51 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

Oh, a poll would be appropriate methinks...

"No more shiny ones. Oh well, back to lurking I guesses."

Did you sneak a peek?
Yes  No
Check results

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 21:09 (GMT -5)

As to the max proficiency with spells: At least in WADOMF you can set it to 32767. Though according to the manual the max proficiency can never be higher than your Learning x 2. Lucky for the WADOMF-user that the game doesn't do a sanity check on this aspect. :)

Locke Cole

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: