Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / pets and the ToEF

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

6997 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

do you think it's possible to take my pet greater earth elemental (!)to the Tower of Eternal Flames? it's very powerful and is able to regenerate, maybe even fire resistant, but I fear it could get hostile or simply burned.
I used him to do the fighting for me, so now I'm just lev 17 and will never manage to win in the tower on my own
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5604 days, 30 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

Well shame on you for letting your companion get all your experience.

If you aren't a bard, that elemental will probably turn on you, but I don't know this for sure. A friend of mine brought a greater earth elemental in the ToEF... I don't remember what happened.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Garand_
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

ok. I tried it and got the following:
the greater earth elemental is injured by the heat! the attack doesn't penetrate the defences of the greater earth elemental.
but a problem arose on the final level, where the heat is even more extreme, and he got wounded. so I left him one level down and tried to slay the Wyrm on my own. which resulted in death of my healer :(
the elemental didn't turn hostile, though
that's the problem with those mighty companions - when you have them you always get behind with exp. I think it's better to be on your own, after all
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4939 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Exactly. That is why I never use companions.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: