Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Jan Erik! dude!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5830 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

You host these forums, so obviously you have some kind of passion to ADOM.
My question is, have YOU completed the game ever? If so, why isn't it at the HoF? :]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Well frankly it was more that it was a convenient way to find a project to work on than a burning passion for ADOM that made me start the site way back. It's been ages since I played a serious ADOM game. Don't get me wrong though I do think it's a great game.

And no I'm afrid I've never completed the game, to my dismay a friend I introduced to ADOM have finished it several times (including with a dark elf merchant I told him to play in order to make him stop gloating :P). The closest I've gotten was a level 48 dwarven priest who got to COC level 48 with all the orbs (before the mana orb was implemented), but then the game crashed and the char was lost :( Since then I've rarely gotten more than one orb. My playing style (just gotta grab all the stuff and kill everyting) is probably mostly to blame, but as long as I'm having fun I don't realy care how far I get.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Arancaytar
Registered user
Pyromancer

Last page view:

575 days, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

I haven't finished the game - the most orbs I ever got were Fire and Water, and then some baddie or other got me on one of those Ancient Dragon vaults (not the dragons). Think it was a greater moloch or a titan.
Move the cursor to the desired position and press [SPACE] when done.
Impossible. Suddenly you stand elsewhere.
You see an ancient altar of black obsidian.
The goblin rockthrower suddenly shouts a prayer to his gods! You are consumed by a roaring column of flame!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: