Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Tywat Pare is insane

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7924 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 16:15 (GMT -5)

Has anyone else noticed that Tywat Pare seems to be a lot dumber than the other NPCs? I've seen him do a lot of stupid things, but what he did today is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen in ADOM. He assigns me the Hotzenplotz quest, follows me to Lawinethil (sp?), and then proceeds to walk right into Hotzenploz's building and stand in my way as I try to fire bolt Hotzenplotz! And once Hotz and the bouncers are dead, Pare refuses to leave the room! I can just picture if this game were real... "Hotzenplotz wasn't really a bad guy, Amanda, but now that you've killed him for me I get this new office!" I come back to the outlaw village a few quests later, and Pare's walking around killing everyone! Most of the time they weren't even hostile, he was just killing them because they were "evil baddies" or however he phrases it. I can't believe I owe my L+ alignment to that weirdo.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5664 days, 1 hour, 24 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 00:53 (GMT -5)

lol... i dunno, i almost never talk to him.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

Nah, all NPC's are equalty dumb, he just have some special code that cause him to go berserk whenever he spot any criminals (beggars, bandits, muggers, cutpurses, asassins, outlaws, raiders, etc. etc. etc.)

Anyway IMHO it would be nice if there was more of that sort of thing... You know Dwarves mercilesly hunting down orcs of all kinds (except the hero naturaly), cats going after all sorts of rats and that sort of thing ;)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 14:41 (GMT -5)

Tywat Pare does not kill beggars, nor high level baddies. If you bring any run of the mill crooks to his village, he hunts them down -- starting with the most powerful, I think -- but he ignores beggars, the master thief, Kranach and the greater black unicorn. I like to populate that village with as many folk as I can. My goal is to someday bring Filk there.
Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 16:06 (GMT -5)

Yes, Tywat Pare, is not only stupid, he's evil as well! He picked up (ie, stole) all my stuff once, and tried to kill me when I (harmlessly) used Ventriloquism on him! I have forgiven him, but I certainly have not forgotten.

Hankjim
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

hehe... that reminds me of something:

i think i've figured out what the room message "The walls of this room are covered in leering visages of demons of all kinds!" does. i was exploring the VD, and i walked into a room & got that message. there were baddys, and i spotted Jharod, so i decided to kill the baddys. as i was killing the baddys, Jharod suddenly ran over and tried to kill me! so i shot him with an acid bolt. he died.
but i think that that room message will make neutral monsters become hostile if they're in there and you are too.
C
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 at 18:22 (GMT -5)

Yes Tywat Pare is crazy, really he reminds me of some people I deal with everday, going to kill theives, whatever, why doesn't he kill the crime lord himself, when he's in town! He steals your stuff, if you give him $$$! He'll say "No bribes for me ye hear!" SOmething like that, and then, takes the money.
and then, and then, and then!! Pay 51 dollar.
Portrait
Mocha
Registered user
"Oops...i'm doomed?"

Last page view:

7755 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

INsane and pretty dumb....he followed me once to the SMC and i kinda left him there and did my own stuff. I managed to hunt down Kranach and was returning happily to the SMC to get my reward from Tywart when i found him fighting this bloody battle with a ratling master thief ( my fault realli, i was like lvel 7 when i went in ). No prizes for guessing who lost. Dang. i should have gotten the Hotenplotz ( watever) quest.

--"Blam BLAm BlAm...You've just hit urself to death...you die..."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: