Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Show me the money!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 21:33 (GMT -5)

Any suggestions for how I could learn to teleport? I'm a high elven wizard in a CoC level with a gold vault in it.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 23 hours and 11 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 23:24 (GMT -5)

Some of this is spoily, so...

Spoiler

Read a spellbook of teleport (spellbook of etheral bridge), zap a wand of teleportation, read a scroll of teleportation, develop intrinsic teleportation via a pixie (*foo*) corpse or the astral attunement corruption, or wear a helm of teleportation or the Cloak of Oman. There's a guaranteed wand of teleportation somewhere in VDDL (the level above the assassin's guild). Use a wand (scroll) of item detection to find it. You'll have to dig or teleport to it. Speaking of which, you'll want to be able to control teleportation to get into that vault. For that matter, you could just dig into the vault with a wand of digging or the spell "Divine Digger."

[Edited at 23:26, Wednesday, November 07, 2001 by Palagran]
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 23:52 (GMT -5)

okay, thanks. Now I just need to find one of those things...

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 00:57 (GMT -5)

mmm, thats how the spoiler thing works. heh...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 at 11:55 (GMT -5)

Well, that spoiler thing doesn't work for me in Opera 5. The marking color is black as the spoiler text color is... :(

Locke Cole
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

12 hours, 22 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 at 20:43 (GMT -5)

Hmm, that sound like something you would want to talk to the Opera people about, marked text schould always be visible regardless of what color is used...

Anyway does it do that always if the background and foreground color is the same, or are there any "safe" colors I can use to make it work in Opera 5 too?

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2001 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

Well, the spoiler thing worked in Opera some time ago. I can't remember when it started to malfunction though... I'll go and check the color preference just to be sure. Safe colors? Hmm, black & white? ;)

Locke Cole
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2001 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

Odd... I just tested the spoiler thing in IE5.5 and I noticed a difference other than that it works perfectly there: In IE5.5 you see two lines at the top and bottom of the spoiler space, while in Opera you don't see these borders... Dunno how that can be.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2001 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

Hey i cant see anythin.I'm using ie6 right now .The spoiler thing used to work in ie5.5.

After EDIT ==> Yea Jan ure right i can see the spoiler text when i select it.I dont use any deault colors n keep messin with em!

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

12 hours, 22 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

IE, Netscape and Opera all have a slightly different way of representing horrisontal rulers <HR>, in some browsers they are probably almost impossible to see because they blend into the background...

Have those of you who can't see anything been tweaking Window's color settings, most browsers will use the default settings, so you might want to try messing with the color for marked elements (in the "Apearance" tab you get when you right click on the desktop and select properties). I'm using the default dark blue color and it works just fine in IE 5.5, Netscape Communicator 4.7 and Netscape 6 (6.2), don't have Opera so I can't check there, but I asume it will use the Windows default colors too...

As a last resort you can always just copy the spolier text and paste it into notepad or some such if you are curious enough ;)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Yeah the cut 'n' paste method is an option.

Changing back to the default Windows colors diden't help at all... I'm clueless now but as the spoiler function isn't used so much so the cut 'n' paste will do for now.

Locke Cole

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: