Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help needed: TotHK

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5614 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

I am in a need of some help for my current char (gnome beastfighter, crowned with fire immunity and nature's companion, saved Kelly). I am currently roaming the caverns before the tomb of the high king, but the problem is I don't have either the bridge building skill, wand of cold or cold spells. I have roamed the caverns for a while in the hope of finding either WoCold or a frost spell book but no luck so far. Game time is some 50+ days already, so I don't want to waste too much time roaming the world map. Haven't done ToEF yet (but water temple is cleared) and the char hasn't got enough climbing skill to try the rift.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

Keep roaming carenous levels.
Aside from the aforementioned obvious things (wand of cold/book of frost) that can save you, remember potion of wonder (small chance of frost), and wand of wonder. With some (blessed)booze or mana boost or charging scrolls you could get a lot of attempts from wonder wands.
Also, ogre magi's can and will freeze water with the cold spells. (Mabye some others too? I think dragon breath wont do it, and neither chaos lizard cold bolts...). Mabye its possible to lure nonnak there? But Ill bet hes dead already...

Well good luck anyway, you will at least get some decent exp and equipment while hanging out in caves.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/21/2005 at 07:55 (GMT -5) by Molach]
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

At least lotsa unarmed combat experience - ATM unarmed combat at level 13 with some 5000+ points to level 14. Still waiting for either a \oCold or equivalent spellbook or ogre magus.

At least I found an efficient method of dealing with doppelganger kings - wand of poison. Happened to come upon not one but two of the ******ds but a \oPoison made short work of them. The second one shrugged of some zaps but succumbed eventually.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5195 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 14:27 (GMT -5)

Check the newsgroup for about every possible method of scumming for a wand of cold (someone else had a problem finding one for a long time, he finally did it with wands of wonder)

Google Groups link of that post

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/21/2005 at 14:30 (GMT -5) by Twinge]
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

Well, finally I made it. No wands of cold or spellbooks of such were found but after a lot of roaming around an ogre mage showed up and I took him down to the tomb level. To make sure I wouldn't get confused by the skelly and stumble into the lake I had the magus freeze the entire lake (every single spot) before tackling the king.

Next was ToEF. No big problem even though a werewolf king in DH2 had given me a scare. Most of the time I fought on very defensive to avoid as much of hits as possible. Fire demons and elementals managed to get couple of hits through but nothing too bad. Used lotsa spense and couple of !oEH to heal when needed and used a \oPoison to soften up the wyrm a bit. IIRC I never even got confused by it :)

Now that I have the orb the lower levels are open. IIRC the char only has two corruptions so far (hooves and horns, the latter got relatively late in ToEF) so nothing too bad. And I've got 9 blessed ?oCR stashed away. Game time ATM is something like 57-58 days so doesn't look too bad. ..

J.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

dive the id, it's worth it. I had the same problem and I found wand o ice at some I:50. Got niec stuff too.

Oh and don't forget gremlins, they are very effective also.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: