Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Missing text

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

Yet another Newbie Question (tm) brought to you by Amanda...

I was just watching some demos of ADOM, and I noticed a lot of dialogue that isn't in my game. For example, if I talk to Tywat Pare in the beginning, he says one line about bringing in criminals. In the demo movie, he gives a long speech about the raider he wants you to kill. Same thing with the little girl, in the demo she goes on and on about her dog and in my version she just says "Hurry, mommy says there's bad bad things in the cave!" I've also noticed several characters in my copy say only the ends of sentences. (the arena master- "ye want to mutilate some baddies.") How do I fix this?

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

Do you only get one liners _every_ time you talk to them? Usually, they will only give you the long version the first time you talk to them, and I'm willing to bet that Tywat Pare only gives you the quest if you talk to him before you reach level 6.

Try hitting ":m" which will show you every message you have had that game session.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it's every time I talk to them.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

i get it too, and i know why. i do it on purpose so i don't hwve to read through all the extra stuff. you're hitting "enter" aren't you? try hitting space instead to go through it one line at a time.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

Oh, cool. I never thought of that. Thanks! :-)

Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

"In the demo movie"

There's a demo of ADOM??
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

It isnt exactly what you think it is Terry.Its just a small demo .exe file created using demo workshop from P2 enterprises.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

The demo workshop can be used to make exe movies of your game. Some people even insert dialogue boxes to narrate their game or give their character a personality. Try http://w3.nai.net/~andywlms/adom.html (at the bottom of the page) or http://w3.nai.net/~andywlms/adom.html.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

9 hours, 6 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 21:19 (GMT -5)

Yeah, use either option A or option A ;)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

ack, I copied the wrong URL. The second one is http://seeka.4mg.com/demo.html.

*note that all acts of stupidity on Amanda's part should be blamed on Amanda's state of Newbieness. All mistakes, regardless of whether or not they are actually related to ADOM, are a direct result of being a newbie and therefore are not Amanda's fault. ;-P*

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 22:10 (GMT -5)

Ah, we take it easy on the newbies. It's all fun.

Still, that was funny. *Big grin*
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

9 hours, 6 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

Sorry for beeng the one that keeps pointing out your mistakes, but that URL doesn't work.

The reason is that you put a period right after the URL, the code the forums use to determine where a URL ends simply look for the next space, so it will think that period is part of the URL and thus it won't work...

I fall for that one all the time myself, so don't worry about it, just wanted to let you know. If you want to put a period after a URL always make sure there is a space between the URL and the peroid (or any other chracter or sign (like commans and paranteces)). A URL can contain all those characters so changing to code to be smarter at figuring out where a URL ends would just be too much work at for too little gain, so just keep that in mind...

There I go again over-explaining things... Oh well, bed time ;)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: