Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Weird experiments

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5628 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Some strange ideas to test out:

-Supposing one managed to complete the game without killing any felines, skipped speaking to the cat lord, and even managed to make it back there without killing any cats. Created a row of corruption traps in the vicinity of the CL and had him step on them several times. Would the CL be jellified and would the player still be able to get the ring ?

-Creating lots of corruption traps in Terinyo, Holeinthewall or Dwarfwille (using the pit-blanket-trick for the first two) and letting the inhabitants get corrupted by them. Would it lead to named, peaceful, WMOPCs ? And considering Tywatt Pare, could the PC get the crime lord quest from Tywatt Pare, the writhing mass of primal chaos, or the puppy quest from the has-been-tiny girl ?

-Corrupting a shopkeeper to a WMoPC, could (s)he still summon thugs if the PC performed a shoplifting. And would killing the has-been-shopkeeper cause the negative consequences of killing a shopkeeper

-Creating lots of alarm traps in Dwarfville and then doing something nasty, causing the muscular dwarves to be summoned, and leading them to alarm traps, causing the other villagers to go at them.

-Creating alarm traps in elemental temples and having someone step on them. Probably won't work on orb guardians, though.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3132 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

IIRC a shopkeeper summons thugs, when he steps on a trap and any creature which gets corrupted simply turns into a hostile WMoPC.
But those are just echos of memories long faded, so don't believe me ;P
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5209 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

I can't say I know all the specifics for these, but here are some notes...

Not _everything_ turns into WMoPC. Most eyes turn into chaos eyes, spiders into chaos spiders, lizards into chaos lizards, and of course rats into chaos rats. (There are some other options as well, these are off the top of my head)

If you do convert something in this way, it will not retain it's name or ability to speak; it will be just like any other chaos creature of that type.

If you can indeed corrupt the cat lord, I highly doubt you will still recieve the ring because that stuff is generally generated on death, and if what dies isn't of monster type 'Cat Lord', then you get no ring. (There may be some exceptions, so I can't say with complete certainty, but this is how most of this stuff works).

Alarm traps in towns _should_ work to make everyone fight amongst themselves, at least to some extent.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6523 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 06:46 (GMT -5)

Some humanoids turn into chaos mutants rather than wmopcs.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: