Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / +Crit*3 = ?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

My 30th lvl mindcrafter was at the Earth Temple wearing the Minotaur Axe, BoW, =oMC and a few more luck enhancing items, including the ankh. Find Weakness 100, Stabbing ~50. I realized she blah blah full force blah blah ALOT like 70-80% or st. I used the Axe once before getting the =oMC against the Eternal Guardian and I'm sure that the Crit% back there was not this high. So say, how much +Crit stuff help you?
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

I've wondered that myself. I've noticed that Serpent's bite causes your hits be almost always critical (I know it's a humanoid slayer, I mean other than humanoid hits :p), when for example Cow axe doesn't seem to have that good effect. Am I imagining own stuff?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

..wow. had to read the first post about 4 times before I understood it.
anyway - your PC is using the cow axe, BoW, and RoMC, all three of which increase your chance to get critical hits. with that and find weakness 100 it's not surprising.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 20:25 (GMT -5)

I've found that weapons that add critical hits seem to have a much bigger effect than other items, like RoTMC and BoW. I'd also like to know how much each of these actually add. Twinge, use your l33t h4xx0r sk1llz and help us out.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

And find weakness skill too.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Another thing 'bout +crit, I'm using the emerald dagger and a whip of slaughtering, will their +Crit stack up?
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

Twinge, enlighten us with thy great wisdom!
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

It seems they're cumulative, but the question is is there a check for each +crit effect, or does it just add up percentages OSLT...
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

And naturally the +crit of a weapon only affects the weapon in question, and it'd be logical that the bonus would be greater in such cases. no?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: