Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / potential potions?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

demented_yam
Registered user
yaaarrrrrghhhh!

Last page view:

6948 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 21:39 (GMT -5)

i have a number of potions in my itinerary that are "poyion of potential yaddayadda", where yaddayadda is some statistic. (dex, ma, whatever)

when i drink them, nothing happens.

i get a message that says "you feel good about your dexterity" or some such, but the value stays the same.

what are these potions good for?

[note: this topic may very soon turn into a thread of me asking noobish questions, but let's start with this one first]

edit: and what do i get for completing the puppy quest? i got lucky this time and found a spellbook of invisibility, so once i got the corpse, i zapped myself invisible and ran.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2005 at 21:47 (GMT -5) by demented_yam]
demented_yam
Registered user
yaaarrrrrghhhh!

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 22:30 (GMT -5)

ok, here's another question:

i just killed the crime lord at the request of the sherrif.

the sherrif gave me a marble amulet, and i put it on.

it's not cursed (ie: a can take it off) but i am getting continuous messages that it iches.

what's up with that?
marcos
Registered user
High Elven Ranger

Last page view:

5576 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

Potion of Potential *foo* increases your stat potential, the max value that you can get.
demented_yam
Registered user
yaaarrrrrghhhh!

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

oh...

i didn't even know there was a limit
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5201 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 02:48 (GMT -5)

You might want to read the manual and/or guidebook some, as most of these are pretty basic questions.

Press Alt+Q (in winbeta) to bring up your stats. It'll list stats and thier potentials... if a stat is at it's max potential, it's about twice as difficult to raise naturally. Unnatural gains (potions, corpses...) can raise it just as well if it's maxed.

The marble amulet is an amulet of order. You deal extra damage to chaostic creatures, and your alignment is gradualy drawn towards lawful (the itch). If you're chaotic, it burns instead of itching, and deals a small amount of damage each time.

To actually finish the cute dog quest, you should recover the dog _alive_; if you make it to the bottom of the puppy cave before 4 days have passed, it will be alive instead of dead. (Personally, I don't generally consider getting it alive worth the bother). The reward is an alignment boost, which is greater if the dog is alive. Otherwise, just give the cute dog corpse to the little girl.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

The alignment boost comes either way. It's just more if the dog's alive.

If the dog's dead, I usually just sell the corpse in the store (to avoid accidentally eating it) and wait till late game when I need that alignment boost.

Cute dogs can also be wished for.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

Hey, I didn't manage to save the puppy in my current game (because of a river). I haven't told that puppy is dead yet. Can wish for a cute puppy in Terinyo and thus complete the quest?

Edit: "The marble amulet is an amulet of order. You deal extra damage to chaostic creatures" Do you have to wield it or wear it to gain that bonus?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/3/2005 at 05:37 (GMT -5) by Ashandarei]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 06:09 (GMT -5)

Yes, Ash; you can wish for a puppy.

Wear the amulet.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Thanks. I'll wish for a puppy once I get a spare wish. I'm trying to get as much er... 'glory detail?' lines as possible. I mean those like "he stopped generation of nasty bugs". I suppose that there is one for completing paragon of order, but I can't do it in this game (and probably ever :(. It is next to impossible.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

Make sure you only wish for the puppy after receiving the quest, but before telling her about its death.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Ashandarei_
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

I did that and she gave me a generous reward ;). But I didn't get a glory detail line for that. Why?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: