Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Strategy for hurtling monk

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

vDmitry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Hi everybody. Have a level 13 hurtling monk. Is it a good race/class combination? It goes quite well i think. What are the best strategy for mid-game?
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4942 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 01:10 (GMT -5)

That's a good combination IMO. Just don't get burdened and don't wear any armours that grants DV penalties to monks. Try learn some magic and train crossbows/bows a little for slaying ammos.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 05:34 (GMT -5)

Whirlwind'd be favourite.
hmm.. are there sling bullets of <foo> slaying...
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 00:57 (GMT -5)

There are only sling bullets of demon slaying, no others. I have no idea why.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
naiyor*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

there is always the chance to find sling bullets of slaying. I always find some kind of missile of slaying...I had a nice elven archer with 21 arrows of slaying (I was really lucky because they were created through fletchery) they did well to hold off anything nasty in a tight spot. I tired to conserve them solely for this purpose...I always kept a few stached away incase of some evil trap.
Portrait
Vexander
Registered user
The Jolly Necromancer!

Last page view:

6997 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

Arrows of slaying ARE nice; usually, though, I tend to find those that slay jellies or constructs. The latter is great in Darkforge, but the jelly-slaying ammo isn't so useful for me, usually.
Hobgoblins taste like chicken!
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4959 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

I wonder: does ammo of jelly slaying work on writhling masses of primal chaos?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

I've been playing hurthlings monks a lot lately and have a question about the DV.

I was precrowned in one game with Nature's Companion (or friend - the armour) and noticed a significant loss in DV after wearing it for a long time. This also affected me when wearing the ancient mummy wrappings.

Can any body armour be worn without incurring DV penalties?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6511 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 12:30 (GMT -5)

from twinge's page:

Monk DV Bonus = (Level * 2) / 3 If Not Wearing Body Armor except specific ones

AFAIK specific ones include all clothes & robes, including Shirt of the Saints and Robes of Resistance.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5606 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

Monks can also wear elven chain mail without a DV penalty. Buy smithing from the dwarven smith, you don't need mining because monks can kick walls down for ore. Smith up a elven chain mail really high, and voila, beautiful monk body armor.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 00:32 (GMT -5)

Sargoth: Yes.

Monks truly have wonderful DV in late game. I remember one monk having about +90 DV when fighting very aggresively at lvl 50.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5606 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

Ashanderei: I see your 90 DV and raise you 38.

Yes, my monk had 128/73 DV/PV at the end of the game, on very agressive. Awesome, eh? I didn't even do any smithing that game. I had really good artifacts though, including BoW and Iron Crown of Havlor, and I got Robes of Resistance after closing the gate from a greater undead vault.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
vDmitry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

Have just been precrowned with Nature's Companion. And now i'm in doubt what to do with it. Speed bonus is nice, PV bonus too, but i lose about 7 DV then wear it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: