Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Strategy for DE rangers.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Reverend PrOHna
Registered user
Church of The Subgenius

Last page view:

6983 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

im having a tad bit of trouble in the early game. right now my best currently at the high mountain village.
“We're all bozos on this bus, but at least our bus isn't driving over a cliff.”
- Pope Charles, SubGenius Pope of Houston

[] Praise "Bob"! []
[]http://www.subgenius.com[]
[] Slack OFF! []

Portrait
pernicion
Registered user
High Pernicion

Last page view:

6229 days, 21 hours, 28 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

Not an easy one to help with.

Give examples of common problems. Such as always run out of food, can't find a good weapon..

Or general difficulty with that race/class alone?

The kobold cringes in pain
Portrait
Reverend PrOHna
Registered user
Church of The Subgenius

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

i tend to end up getting killed by either some not too incredibly out of depth monster, like an eye or a hoard of gnolls. the best i had i think was due to finding a scimitar of mayhem coupled with an adamantium broadsword. everyone keeps saying screw two weapon combat but when i get it worked up even alittle it seems to rock.

[] Praise "Bob"! []
[] Slack OFF! []

Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5593 days, 21 hours and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 at 02:43 (GMT -5)

I like to use two-weapon combat too. Especially with a PC with good find weakness skill.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 at 04:48 (GMT -5)

I like too. TotRR and R-C-trident. Or maybe Black tome and Big punch ;)

Well, seriously speaking I usually prefer shield for better DV. But ranger has both alertness and dodge skill. Both at 100, it is +14 to DV.

A bloody dagger and a phase dagger/any dagger of penetration is great. Serpent's bite is even better. And finally Needle&sting, that's what I use dual-wielded. But once I got Kinslayer as crowning gift and found Serpent's bite at darkforge. Dual-wielding them was very fun ;)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Reverend PrOHna
Registered user
Church of The Subgenius

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

so what kinda early game strategy would you guys suggest? first thing i usually do is SMC and UD. if i make it past that im usually good till at least lvl15 or so.

[] Praise "Bob"! []
[] Slack OFF! []

Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

Don´t die. And remember to run for your life when appropriate time comes.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Get lucky&fate smiles as soon as you find an altar. With every character.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

I'm playing a promising DE Ranger at the moment. Lvl19, str/to29, crowned lawful, I've done the old crones biddings and I'm desperately trying to find AoLS or RoDS. (Desiring to cause some trouble to ol' Andy.) I've drank all pools encountered, and now terrorizing Infinity wielding an eternium halberd of hunting.

Personally, I think that DE rangers are the most potential combination in the whole game. They have very good variety of skills, their professional traits aren't that bad and they have good armor in the beginning. When played with a little carefulness, DE rangers usually make it to some 15lvls.(When they're usually killed by overconfidence rather than anything else...)

And strategy: I always check the holeinthewall for cutpurses for 1st kill. Then I go get the puppy, kill the raider lord, keethrax and Hotzenplotz.(And I always switch to spear&shield ASAP) Then through SMC(before going in, get some handy wands and/or SoMagic Mapping) And then... Sky is the limit!

My usual DE rangers meets it's fate in ToEF, where I tend to rush too early( some 18lvlish), because I'm quite obsessive with saving Khelly. And so, around 18lvl, I've done everything there is to be done before going past Khelly except ToEF. That's why I've started to prefer divings into ID before trying ToEF.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: