Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Assassins

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sebastian
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

hi,
i just wonna ask, if somebody has good advices in playing an assassin.
I dont know, if the DE or the Drakling is the better choice, i like both races ;)
I also the weapon is something i dont really understand, is it good to have one weapon with high damage to get full use of your increased criticals (i know u get this power a little late, but i am still counting on it), or is it better to use 1h/s or 2 weapons?

If somebody can help me, please anser my this thread and yes i have already used the searching button, but i have not found something.

IdS

Sebi
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 09:00 (GMT -5)

See that heap of daggers in your inventory? Put them in your missile slot, and buy a replecement "t"-button.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Sebastian
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

thats exactly what i did, but do you have some more general tips

so i thank for now and have to go for a beer...
Portrait
Vexander
Registered user
The Jolly Necromancer!

Last page view:

7000 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 01:30 (GMT -5)

Poison those weapons, too. Assassins don't get that nifty class ability for nothing!
Hobgoblins taste like chicken!
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 05:25 (GMT -5)

play them as archers in the beginning. I favor 2 weapons, and as they usually get a heap of +0 1d4 daggers, and a couple of others with bonuses, use the better ones for melee.
invisibility is very good for them, as they backstab well.
ChaosMuffin
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

use the turning potions to poison ability on crap potions. when fighting tougher creatures in the early game smack them a couple of times with a poison weapon and then run around and watch them die. I dont believe its possible, but it'd be wicked if you could dip weapons in potion of sickness, confusion and blindnes - and even better if you could combine them, imagine a weapon that blinds, sickens, confuses and posons ;)
Sargoth (unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 06:09 (GMT -5)

And remember to run if the combination of poison/thrown daggers doesnīt kill those monsters too fast.

Always run if you canīt kill it.
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

6998 days, 59 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 at 13:50 (GMT -5)

I think you really have to play as an assassin, striking from the shadows, being really stealthy and all that.

as mentioned use your already pretty decent thrown dagger skill where ever possible. finding stackable daggers can be quite hard (aside from the stack you start with) so pick up all those crude knives orcs chuck at you and you'll slowly build up quite a collection. building up knife&dagger skills is also helpful if you find a phase dagger ;)

take things slowly and think ahead. getting the healing skill is damn hard for weak characters with no regeneration. others will no doubt disagree but i tend to go for the speed avd DV talents before i encounter Yriggs or whatever his name is, and making sure of your route to the healer helps prevent too many nasty surprises. after you have healing you can play it pretty much however you like

although the idea of darkelvish assassins sounds good, dark elves are hampered by being despised by shopkeepers and being very weak; this doesn't work well with a character that starts off with no healing. dark elves and assassins both share similar skills (alertness, find weakness, maybe some more) so should be pretty decent in those catagories. try avoiding weaker elvish assassins to begin with, at least until you know what to do with assassins

my best character so far was a DE Assassin with whom i carefully answered the opening questions so that i could get the heir talent. the poisoned adamantium dagger was handy to begin with but she started off with dodgy stats (all those +Ma answers hit your Wi, Dx and To pretty bad) and i can't help but think that those 3 talents could have been better off spend on other things...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: