Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Wheel of time

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4942 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 03:05 (GMT -5)

This thread is dedicated for Wheel of Time discussion.

Does anybody read it? Do you like it? Other opinions? Anything concerning it?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Phibby&Dol
Registered user
Incarnation of Illu

Last page view:

6996 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

What is it? *blinks*
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

Sigh. I hate my threads not being answered.

I suppose that WoT is better known in USA and many other countries, but I'm a Finn and I can't find anyone who wants to discuss it with me. Doesn't anyone really like it? If not, moderators please delete this thread!
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

Í've read few first books of Wheel of Time. It's a decent story, but I'd have to read them again to actually remember any details in it. It's been years...

Nowdays I'm playing more Adom and spending less time to read books...
Naiyor*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

An old friend was a WoT fanatic...i'm not really...it has been a really long time. I'm from Canada...seemed to be quite popular.

enough of my relentless babbling...sorry i'm not much help.

Have a good day though
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4959 days, 12 hours, 1 minute and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

It's really good at times, but the last book was just... well, there really wasn't anything that caught my eye in it.

I will still read the next one, though, even if i don't remember just about anything about the story.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5888 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

I've read up through Book 8. Haven't read book 9 or 10, though I hear that book 9 is the best of them all so far... just that reading those takes so long, and it's been awhile since I've read the series. Very, very good series though.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Karry
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 09:54 (GMT -5)

I couldnt even read the first one. It was like he wrote it using "Fantasy writing manual", toooooo many cliche in story and in language, almost unbearable to read it.
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6818 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

I don't know too much about Wheel of Time.

I tried to read one of the books and i didn't really like it.

I know the general story behind Callandor in the stone of Tear and Rand being the Dragon Reborn, but thats only because i generally like fantasy weapons and find some background information on most of them.
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4700 days, 20 hours and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Jordan doesn't really hit his stride until after the 3rd book. The first 3 are almost stand alones, and have all the cliche elements and some contradictions. I liked the writing.

Jordan has combined everything into a rather coherent fantasy world. I highly recommend you continue reading them.
Karry
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Why should anyone force himself to read something not likeable ? There is no single reason in the world.
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Because it becomes very likeable.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

I don't think it does. I read the first two, and then the fifth one (I think it was the fifth - "Shadow Rising"). Not one of them was good enough for me to remember it (I had to read it 3 times just to be able to recall the plot), neither it had any characters interesting enough for me to like (like the Sword of Truth series, which has a plot like a 60's super-hero comic book, but I like the main characters, so I enjoy reading it ;P ) .
There are a few hundred kilos of books that get interesting withing the first 500 pages, not forcing to spend money on worthless parts just to catch up to the good stuff.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Corremn
Registered user
Cursed by a Leprechaun

Last page view:

6514 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

I read the book 3 and 4 and kinda liked it. I then read 1 and 2, they filled in the gaps but thats all. I then read up eight and thought to my self "this series is not going to end, is it?". I have not read a page since. Everytime RJ releases a new novel I have already forgotton what has happeded in the previous ones. I wont be finishing this series, there are far better and shorter ones out there. He has done a good job createing a immense world full of magic and politics. Too bad I hate politics in this scale. I might as well be reading Agatha Christie Novel (for boredom factor not politics).
Just for fun I will check out the Sword of Truth and if that is no good, hell, I might just turn to Agatha Christie. http://www.agathachristie.com/ Now this is more fun that a hole in the head. On seconds though, wheres my drill...
Um... what was this topic about?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

The Sword of Truth is another series which won't ever end, so you might as well just read the first, and maybe the second book.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

Hey, who cares if a story never ends: The longer, the better ;)

Edit: As long as it is good story.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2005 at 06:24 (GMT -5) by Ashandarei]
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

Ugh, the Sword of Truth?! Terry Goodkind is even more of a plagiarist than Terry Brooks. And Goodkind plagiarizes all his ideas from ...

...Dun...
...dun...
...DAH...

... Jordan's "Wheel of Time"!

Goodkind takes all the world aspects from the Wheel of time universe; discards all sense and continuity from the plot; throws in heaping mounds of rape and mysogeny; then releases the book.

. . . IMHO.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6365 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 21:49 (GMT -5)

I have read all the books up to Crossroads of Twilight. Actually I read part of the prologue of it, and was very disappointed with what I read. I probably will not continue further.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/5/2005 at 21:50 (GMT -5) by Palagran]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: