Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Water should be easier to find

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*ChaosMuffin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 19:31 (GMT -5)

Come on! its water in a bottle! how hard would that be to find? you should be able to 'e'mpty a potion and 'f'ill potion bottle from a river! or find a pool, 'f'ill potion bottle and get a potion of wonder ;)
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

That WOULD make rivers more useful...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Vexander
Registered user
The Jolly Necromancer!

Last page view:

7000 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 at 01:36 (GMT -5)

And more realistic to boot. I concur.
Hobgoblins taste like chicken!
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

It is PURE water men. How big is the water generator in the lab of you high school, then? With holy and unholy water, I suppose the "taste" is caused by the godly essence contained within.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

There's plenty of things in this game that really don't make much sense, just to make a game that fits together better. Holy water is too useful to be that easy to get.

Another thing that doesn't make sense but fits the game is how there's spell learning AND spell effectivity. Doing something wouldn't make you forget it and learn to do it better at the same time.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

"Another thing that doesn't make sense but fits the game is how there's spell learning AND spell effectivity. Doing something wouldn't make you forget it and learn to do it better at the same time."

Hey, that thing is detailly explained in the ADOM manual and to me it does make sense.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

Yeah... the "casting spells is stressful, when you cast one it's burned out of your mind by the sheer magical energy of it" thing...

Besides, the changes you suggest would make the game too easy. Unlimited holy water?! As if!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 09:27 (GMT -5)

Well, for one thing your luck would be awesome, didn't each worn blessed item increase it? Not to mention stuff breaks less when blessed, damage for weapons vs undead is better. Would be highly overpowered.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

On the other hand, if we added a "Thirsty" status, comparable with the "Hungry" status, it wouldn´t really be that overpowered.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

a poll
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Do you think bottles should be possible to fill with water?
Yes  No
Check results

Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5201 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 21:05 (GMT -5)

Wearing blessed items do not increase luck, but they are definately much less likely to break.

Water is about the most common item besides food & gold... you'll find plenty. If you need more, scum the lower ID levels (4+) for some and pickpocket more often.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 07:13 (GMT -5)

Hmm twinge, I thought I read it from your site that they doi increase it and that cursed ones decrease it. Make up your mind :P
Lechu1
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

is there any way to make the water holy?
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4905 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

Lechu: If your god is "Very pleased" or higher with you, you can drop it on a corrosponding altar (White=lawful Grey=neutral Black=ChAoTiC) and your god will transform it free of charge.

I think that you should lose potions if you swim in water, because they get washed empty. PoWater would be immune to this nasty effect. Maybe there would be a small chance (1 in 10 or something) that it would transform into a PoWater.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 23:45 (GMT -5)

That would make for some interesting strategies: "Hmm, i have twenty PoVisibility, maybe i'll take a swim and transform ´em into something more useful..."

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 03:17 (GMT -5)

I'm assuming that the potions have a cork so that the potions won't be spilled, and therefor can't be washed empty unless the cork is removed
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Arch-mage
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2005 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

It brings me some thoughts like: "Well, if you can fill any bottle with water, it would be overpowered. But if you have chance to lost you bottle, say, drown, and chance depend on Dx...?"
demented_yam
Registered user
yaaarrrrrghhhh!

Last page view:

6949 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

what would be really cool is if you could fill empty bottles with water from pools.

that way, if you really wanted to, you could fill a dozen bottles with pool water, and drink the water (with all pool effects) wherever you wanted

i suppose that it opens up new possibilities for pool effects, too.

like: "you dip the vial into the pool <more> the vial is eaten away as if by acid"

IMO, that would be more interesting and balanced than the ability to create holy water whenever you wanted

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: