Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How to use RoDS

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cujopuppy
Registered user

Last page view:

5788 days, 2 hours, 11 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

Finally got one with my Lvl9 Human Ranger but dunno how to use it to wish-wont show in tools, so what gives? Oh and am thinking of wishing for BOW, any suggestions?
Mellis
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

Actually, you press U (shift + the "u" button) and find it in that menu. It must be blessed though.

You cannot wish for Bracers of War because they are an artifact, and thusly cannot be wished for.

A common wish is an amulet of life saving, a rare item that is needed at a certain point to save a certain NPC. Another wish is seven league boots, boots which allow the wearer to move very fast and use less energy when walking, assuming it is blessed. Uncursed, it has an effect, but a diminished one.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 03:33 (GMT -5)

If you're not really struggling to live, amulet of life saving would be my choice. But you might want to save the wish until you're closer to saving that certain NPC, because amulets are more likely to break than rings.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

Eternium plate mail, i say. Lets you live through the day.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 08:07 (GMT -5)

Save it till you really need it. Like for potions of youth, ToEF preperations or a needed skill like concentration or food preservation.

Eternium plate is a waste since it's not too hard to find when you get to the kind of levels that you need it for, plus artifact armour will, unlike eternium armour, not bacome damaged.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 08:50 (GMT -5)

Red Dragon scale mails are nice if you don't have fire immunity and you are going to face ToEF.

Oh if you wish for 7league boots, wish for "7 leagues" IIRC, it gives multiple pairs =)
Morio_unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

Warlord* wrote: "Oh if you wish for 7league boots, wish for "7 leagues" IIRC, it gives multiple pairs =)" Or wish for pairs of seven league boots
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

6998 days, 51 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

the GuideBook has a nice section on what to wish for. aside from near essential stuff like 7 league boots, amulets of life saving, etc the rest is up to personal preference
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

Morio, mine is shorter to type ;P
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 07:26 (GMT -5)

Yes, but I tried doing that and it didn't actually work.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

Odd, always has worked for me. Or then you must wish for "seven leagues"
Phibby&D
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 15:05 (GMT -5)

Some guidebook has mentioned the key phrase for multiple pairs of 7LBs is "seven league bootss".
An additional "s" should be added ... so makes it "ss" at the end.
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

The official plural of "seven league boots" is "pairs of seven league boots".
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

YESS!!!
I was right :D
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
XaXeXiXoXu
Registered user
Ancient Weight Dragon

Last page view:

6982 days, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 08:14 (GMT -5)

Wishing for red dragon scale??? No way. Remember what the minstril said, and just eat a higher level fire monster corpse such as a red dragon or a fire drake, then with decent fire resistance and the elemental gauntlets you will take minimal damage from the searing flames even without fire immunity. After I've saved Khelavaster, I prettymuch just wish for skills. Food preservation, Find Weakness, Dodge, maybe even Fletchery or Mining are worth wishing for, depending on what you have. I would wish for 7LB if I can't find any, but it seems I always do. Anyway, 7LB seem like kind of a luxury to me; they aren't critical to survival if you've prepared properly. I would NEVER waste a wish on eternium armor or shields or whatever. It's so easy to farm those entourage of chaos knights encounters for eternium equipment. Never wish for phase daggers or swords of sharpness either. Think about it; skills are the ONLY thing that must be wished for, apart from getting them via scrolls/potions of education. Why waste a wish on equipment?
XaXeXiXoXu, the ancient weight dragon, breathes weight at you! You are suddenly overburdened!
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

However, XaXeXiXoXu, red dragon scale mail provides fire immunity - which frees up one (and possibly two) ring slots that might normally be used for rings of fire resistance when entering the ToEF. That extra ring slot (or two) could then be allocated to ring of invisibility, ice, and/or mental stability (all extremely valuable in the ToEF). Sure - it is possible to do ToEF without fire immunity. But IMO it sure does help a lot! Red dragon scale mail also provides some of the best protection around - sometimes better than eternium plate.
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 02:52 (GMT -5)

Why wear a ring of fire resistance? Elemental gauntlets do the trick?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 04:01 (GMT -5)

Thedrin#, there are three levels of fire resistance, and the Elemental Gauntlets only grant one level
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but I'm assuming that you have eaten a corpse granting it. Plus higher level corpses are soon generated in the tower. Rings of regenration, I would consider more important than rings of fire resistance.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: