Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Manual help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kken
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

Hi all:
I've just started playing ADOM and would like to give it decent try. Unfortunately I find navigating the ingame help files not just cumbersome but annoying, (and not very useful at the character generation phase).

I have looked online and can't find a copy of the manual. Plenty of guides, useful and not so useful, but no actual manual.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the manual I can look at, printout and read?

Call me old fashioned but I like to read, highlight useful bits and scribble notes in the margins!

Thanks for your kind assistance,
Ken.
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

Download the version "ADOM 1.1.1 for DOS and OS/2", it has the manual in a text file (manual.doc). (You may also find it nicer than the Windows version, because it can go full screen, although there can be other problems.)
Good luck!
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

also download a copy of andy williams ADOM Guidebook, <andywlms.com/adom> it is an essential tool for learning the game.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

But the GB is EXTREMELY spoily, so if you want to find out things by yourself, then don't download it
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2005 at 04:10 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Kken
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the suggestions. I've downloaded 'ADOM 1.1.1 for DOS and OS/2'and the ADOM Guidebook.

They've both been really useful.

Thanks for the help,
Ken.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: