Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / are Barbarians good?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sebastian
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 06:52 (GMT -5)

I have started an DE Barbarian and he was lucky enough to find good equipment. But the special talents of Barbarians, the Blows and walking speed, seems not really usefull to me.
So, is this class an easy one to start with, or is something else better?
Oh and i have already played several healers and i just can say, that i dont like them...
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

Walking speed is very, very nice thing. You can avoid cats, karmic beings or other nasty monsters easily with a fast moving character.
Naiyor*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

I find Barbarians to be one of my favourite classes. In addition to the blows and walking speed it is nice to start off with Herbalism. one thing that does seem a little silly is that they dont start with archery. I like to roleplay my characters and I have a penchant for barbs. Nothing better than doing some true berserking with some heavy object. that triple damage blow can be pretty devastating with a high to-hit, true berserking, and a good weapon!...it's actually pretty gross :-)

It may just be me but I think they are one of the best classes.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

Barbarians are one of the more fun classes to play, especially when you are new to the game. Itīs easy to survive with that 3d5 two-hander...

However, their almost total lack of magic can be quite annoying when you reach the later parts of the game.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: