Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Good leveling up place?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7932 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

I desperately need to level up. I'm corrupted beyond belief (unholy aura scares everyone and makes shopkeepers attack me for scaring away their customers. Teleporting is cool, but it's a corruption so I don't want it. And I have scales growing all over my skin and antennae sticking out of my head. It's a good thing I'm a high elf; if I were a troll or an orc I would have a negative appearance level by now). Once I get to level 30 (I'm at level 24 now) the druid can give me a quest that results in corruptions being cured (and once I get to 35 I can get post-crowning, if no more artifacts are generated).

I've already been to the darkforge. That was great, I've got a lightning spell that makes golems easy to kill so I was able to level up pretty well there (and the free armor and weapons were nice. I've got them stored safely in the Mad Minstrel's place, along with a few hundred other things I've collected but can't sell without getting nearly killed by the shopkeeper. Soon as I lose this corruption I'm making a million dollars.) But I don't want to spend much more time there because I don't want to be even more corrupted. So where else should I level up?

By the way, do sis multiply if you leave them some place, or do they have to be in your inventory? I've got well over a hundred right now in my inventory.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

i don't think they multiply on teh ground. but go sac all the extra si's, seeing as youc an't sell them.
neways, you're a wizard rite? have you been to Bugland (Weed-covered Ruins)? the bugs tehre give lots of xp.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7932 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 16:25 (GMT -5)

I tried it just after I posted. I've tried it but the inside of the temple is hard! Even after casting invisible on myself those things kill me.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 4 hours, 55 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

If you are invisible use only bolt spells, monsters don't seem to be eable to notice where the bolts come from so you are completely safe as long as you don't use anything other than bolt spells, the moment you try melee, missiles or ball spells the affected mosnters will notice you and start attacking...

Personaly I think that schould be changed so that affected mosnters would notice you if you used bolt spells to, but that's another storry and for the time beeng it works so use it for all it's worth.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Enjoy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2001 at 07:18 (GMT -5)

Burning hands also make them notice you.....
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7908 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 08:37 (GMT -5)

One trick to get more experience from monsters is to cast slow monster on yourself. As strange as it might be, the amount of experience you get from monsters depend on your speed. So if you half your speed, you'll get roughly twice as much experience from the monsters. Just make sure that you can beat the monsters even when you have half speed. :)

A lil warning: Any NPC can get angry with you when you have the unholy aura, including the druid and the Greater white unicron (IIRC)... So be careful when doing that quest.

Locke Cole
Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 10:54 (GMT -5)

what if you cast unholy aura on the unicorn or druid?
Duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

it's not a spell, it's a corruption that's always there.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7406 days, 8 hours, 46 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2003 at 21:30 (GMT -5)

The best way to a lot of exp is to fight the pilgrimage's of chaos monks on the road to the temple cos they are easy to kill after you reach level 10. Chaos brothers give u EXP:201 and choas sisters give u EXP:237 and the travel in groups of 20 so it's way easier then killing greater claw bugs.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: