Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Experiments in scumming for XP

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

I have been playing around with my arch-mage character to try identify the best way to scum for huge amounts of XP. Thus far wishing for AKWs in the SMC generates the best results. Unlike greater molochs, AKWs can't see invisible - making them easy to pick off with magic missile. With speed minimised at 10, I can usually pick up 8 - 15 million XP per kill for the first 20 kills or so (after that XP starts dropping significantly).

Anyone have any thoughts on how those first 20 or so kills can be scummed for maximum XP? High level AKWs are worth a lot more - but the experience level of the AKWs appears to be randomly generated (varying wildly from as low as 3 to as high as 80 or 90). Reading scrolls of danger did not appear to affect the likelihood of receiving an extremely experienced AKW.

I also tried boosting the speed of the AKWs by throwing blessed potions of speed having first paralysed the AKW (throwing potions "removes" invisibility - and an extremely experienced, speed boosted AKW can destroy a 10000 HP character in one turn!!!) However, killing a speed boosted AKW in the turn that its paralysation wore off, and with my own speed at 10, earned me hardly any XP at all - which makes no sense to me whatsoever!

Anyone got any thoughts re maximising XP scumming through speed manipulation or monster experience boosting?
Zephyr offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Well, you probably didn't get much XP because you got too much for the game to handle. I think the #'s 2147483647. Over that I believe it resets to 0. Bad luck.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: