Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / library of nitras

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*cobaltofdoom*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

so i want to get that damned weird tome for the twice damned minstrel from the thrice damned ghost. (im annoyed) this is the 4th character thats trying to get teh book and the first did it no prob . its just no chatting for something like 2000 turns right? not hard you kill all the creeps and wait around, but the LAST two guys that tried never got it... i didnt even cast spells or read scrolls.. is there a level limit to being able to get the weird tome?
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

I've always gotten it. What I've done is kill all the monsters in library and then spend the remaining turns while reading books. I don't speak to ghost librarian at all before 2000 turns and after this he's always given me the weird tome.
*cobaltofdoom*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

i read in one spot that you have to lure him out of the library somehow.... and i THINK i did that the very first time but its been so long i cant remember
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

IIRC hitting monsters makes noise and casting spells doesn't. So kill all monsters with spells or DON'T kill any. Just wait until you get the book and then go kill everyone.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5616 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

Maelstorm: incorrect. I have been killing monsters in the library with weapons AND have gotten the tome. Usually I just go kill all or most of the monsters and then spend some time reading spellbooks. IIRC I read somewhere that one needs 100 in stealth to be able to get the book.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 17:59 (GMT -5)

Yeah, 100 stealth is a requirement. I always forget this, because stealth goes to 100 more or less automatically during the game.
tom47
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

Real J: What class/race did you play?

Playing GE wizards i too have got the impression that using weapons means i wont get the tome. Could this be class related?

Anyway, what i found to work reliably is going in at 100 stealth, go invisible, wait for 2000+ turns and then chat to the librarian. Keep an eye on him while waiting, there is always a chance he might get attacked and possibly killed by some random monster coming in from the big hall.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5616 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

tom47: IIRC the latest char to get the tome was a gnome beastfighter, thus being unarmed. However I don't think it matters if one uses weapons or bare hands. What I did was kill most of the inhabitants and collect the stuff, then read those spellbooks that I could till they disappeared. IIRC I read one b?oId to identify the easy spellbooks so not reading scrolls is probably not a requirement.

J.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5590 days, 9 hours and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

spoily stuff follows

Spoiler
I just did the library today with a dwarven fighter who meleed everything in there (except 1 Karmic Wyrm). He still got the tome. In fact the only reason that I went there was because I needed the SoCR from the minstrel as I was badly corrupted and wanted to head down to D50 for the win. The only requirements for the Ghost Librarian giving you the tome are Stealth at 100 and no "C"hatting to monsters for 2000 turns. AFAIK any other activities are permissable.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: